Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #1
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The hood on our MH (05 Winnebago Voyage) sags about 1 inch at the top when closed. has anyone had this occur and what adjustment did you do to correct it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
The hood on our MH (05 Winnebago Voyage) sags about 1 inch at the top when closed. has anyone had this occur and what adjustment did you do to correct it?

Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had the same thing happen with our '05 Sunrise. If you look carefully at the hinges of your hood you will be able to see that they are adjustable. Our motorhome is in storage right now so I'm going by memory only but if I remember correctly there is 2 nuts on each hinge, on the outside side of the hinges so you have to reach around with the proper size socket wrench to loosen or tighten them. It's just a matter of loosening them up, adjusting the tilt of the hinges to the proper angle, and tightening them up again. Took me maybe 1/2 hour to do once I saw what had to be adjusted. I don't remember what size socket I used, I would guess around 1/2" to 5/8". Good luck- it's not to hard to do, definately a handyman project!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Easyrider:
I had the same thing happen with our '05 Sunrise. If you look carefully at the hinges of your hood you will be able to see that they are adjustable. Our motorhome is in storage right now so I'm going by memory only but if I remember correctly there is 2 nuts on each hinge, on the outside side of the hinges so you have to reach around with the proper size socket wrench to loosen or tighten them. It's just a matter of loosening them up, adjusting the tilt of the hinges to the proper angle, and tightening them up again. Took me maybe 1/2 hour to do once I saw what had to be adjusted. I don't remember what size socket I used, I would guess around 1/2" to 5/8". Good luck- it's not to hard to do, definately a handyman project! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Easyrider:
Thanks for the reply and instructions. I'll give it a try in a couple of days. The dealership said they tried to adjust it but we know how that usually goes.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had the same problem on ours. I had to end up making the adjustment slots longer in order to get enough movement to tighten up the gap between the hood and the rubber seal at the top. I removed the hood and used a 1/4" die grinder to elongate the slots.
Gary N. is offline   Reply With Quote