Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Winter is just around the corner, WINTERIZE TIME

For some of us winter means winterizing and maybe some winter camping.
Here is a couple of threads to cover these two items.
If your lucky to go south after the holidays some info for traveling from cold to warm weather also.
Enjoy which ever it is.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #2

Great post, thanks for the info.

Old 10-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #3
Klc

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you. Bookmarking for future reference.
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 05:48 AM   #4

Newbie Question Please Help

Installation of our stackable washer dryer is about complete. I want to test it before rebuilding the cabinet. Problem is my 99 Monaco owners manual, mentions that you should not use RV antifreeze in the washer. As it may damage the seals. We live in Michigan and it's about time to get this done. We will be wintering in FL. from Jan. to March. When it will need to be done again, for the trip home. Please help.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco1953 View Post
Installation of our stackable washer dryer is about complete. I want to test it before rebuilding the cabinet. Problem is my 99 Monaco owners manual, mentions that you should not use RV antifreeze in the washer. As it may damage the seals. We live in Michigan and it's about time to get this done. We will be wintering in FL. from Jan. to March. When it will need to be done again, for the trip home. Please help.

We live in Michigan as well, west Michigan in fact. My monaco manual says to use RV antifreeze in my washer. I don't know of another way to winterize it except for air pressure to clear lines, but then you have to protect the drain and pump somehow.
We are leaving for Destin Dec. 26.
Good girl
Old 11-15-2016, 06:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good girl View Post
We live in Michigan as well, west Michigan in fact. My monaco manual says to use RV antifreeze in my washer. I don't know of another way to winterize it except for air pressure to clear lines, but then you have to protect the drain and pump somehow.
We are leaving for Destin Dec. 26.
Good girl
Thank you. Do you add the antifreeze to the tub, plus draw it through the hoses?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:48 PM   #7

Unless you can find a way to blow out the input lines through the washer valves, you probably need to draw it through the hoses to be safe. Run it through one warm cycle or a hot then a cold cycle to be sure.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:48 AM   #8

Yes, I do both run it through the lines and pour a pint in the tub. Set the washer to spin and then drain. Can't go wrong that way. If you have a residential refer, hook up your pump to a gallon of antifreeze and run your "water in the door" and let it run overnight making ice. You won't see any anti freeze in the water or ice because the filter removes the red dye, but you will be protected that way.
Watch for us on I-65 south on your way down.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:58 AM   #9

As usual ask a question get an answer! Love this site and everyone's wiliness to help. Thanks for your help. Will be using this knowledge this weekend.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #10

Hi we live on our 2016 Winnebago Sightseer and we want to know as we get into the cold weather at the present time in Missouri and needed to know if there is anything we need to do to keep any of the lines from freezing or the water tank. New to this. We are boaters and lived on our 50 ft. Carver and did what we needed but this is a little different and would love some info please.
Thank you,
Cheri
Old 11-19-2016, 07:13 AM   #11

Well, just like your Carver, you will have to winterize any where there is water exposed to 32 F temperature. You can get a heated water hose for your outside water supply, but I would drain the fresh water tank and not use it. If you are living in it you undougtabley have the heat on, so you should be safe on the inside. Some people leave the water in the sink run a trickle to prevent freeze ups.
How cold/often does it get below freezing in Missouri?
Old 11-21-2016, 08:12 AM   #12

Good Girl

Hi Good Girl thank you for your response. We are live aboards and never did winterize the boat. We have put a small heater down where the plumbing area is and well also notice when we have the "electric heat" on the floor heat using the propane part will only come on when it hits below the freezing point. So Im guessing that there is some sort of thermostat underneath that does this so it keeps that area and us warm underneath. We disconnect from our water supply at night both from the frost free spigot and our hook up. So far so good though. Would a skirt around the bottom help out? We were thinking of that also.
Thanks again,
Cheri
Old 11-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #13

I have a 2013 Discovery XM with a GE fridge. How is the hose to the ice maker disconnected or do you pump the pink stuff in the fridge.

First winter in this coach so any and all hints appreciated.

Leaving from TX for CO.

Thanks,

George
Old 11-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #14

Sounds like you are taking a lot of unnecessary steps. You can get a heated supply hose to avoid the disconnect steps. The bay heat you're mentioning is for that tankage area, and not whole house heat. Unless you have ducted heat in the basement, not sure what you have.
A skirt around the base won't increase temperature.
To the person asking about ice maker line, that is accessible from the outside removeable panel directly opposite your refer.
Hope this helps.

Good girl
Monaco knight 40

Tags
winter