Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #1

Thor Ace Winterization Questions

I own a 2015 Thor Ace 29.2. Of course, the manual is crap.

I want to winterize, and was wondering if anyone had pics showing where the low point water drain is, the hot water bypass, and the flush point for adding the anti-freeze??
CrimeCrunchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually I have the 2012 29.2. On it, the low point water drain is right beside the water pump in the first compartment by the door. It is a pull up release that drains all of the lines except the hot water heater. Be sure to open a faucet to let air in and water to flow easier.

I would also do the hot water heater first. The by-pass for it should be under your bed. By-pass it by turn three valves the opposite directions. Open the plastic drain plug on the front of the heater tank outside and let it flow out. You may have to open the air bleed to speed up the water draining.

I would then put the pink stuff into your lines. I got a small plastic hose and connectors for the tie-in by the water pump at a hardware store for a couple of bucks. I stick the plastic hose in the gallon of pink stuff container and have the wife turn on the pump then go from faucet to faucet running it until it comes out pink. It takes me 2 gallons almost perfectly. Don't forget the toilet, inside and outside shower.

The whole process takes less than an hour once you know what to do.

Good Luck!

PS - we usually take a winter trip and just use hook-ups. Flushing the pink stuff out and resetting the hot water heater and not putting any water into the tank. We use gallon water jugs to flush when not hooked up. Still have to run the hot water heater at night and the furnace to keep things above freezing, but no problems for temperatures to about 0.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Also, there is quite a bit of ACE discussions on the Thor Owners forum here.

Tags
winter, thor