Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-19-2016, 08:23 AM   #1
Winterizing 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor

We just bought a 1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor this past summer and have never owned an RV before....so I have lots of questions. My wife and I have been immersing ourselves in any and all information we can get our hands on and have done quite well in-so-far as to not having the RV explode at any given time that we've used it the past couple of months. I now want to winterize it. My Question is this: I can use a hand pump to get the antifreeze into the water holding tank. Now that it is in the tank, am I relying on the water pump to get the antifreeze through the water lines throughout the RV? This sounds like such an easy thing to do, but some of the videos I've been watching on the internet makes it seem that these people are relying on the hand pump to force the antifreeze through the lines. I need clarification on this. Also, how much antifreeze do I pump into the tank and must I rinse and drain the tank after all the lines have the antifreeze in them? Thank you for any advice you can give me on this!

chirofarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #2
Not sure if you have the same set up as mine but I posted (winter is coming) and you can see some photos I posted ,I just winterize my coach I really did not want to put the anti freeze in the fresh water holding tank but I can't get all the water out so I'm going to have to. If you connect it straight to your pump it's very easy.Hope it helps

steppinstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #3

Thanks for the info and such a fast response. I would love to hook the antifreeze directly to the water pump, however, I have no idea how to even begin that process. I don't even know where the pump is located,much less disconnecting it from the tank, then onto the antifreeze bottle/hand pump. I'm new to this website (and to posting) so I'll try to find your Winter Is Coming post to look at how you have things set up.

Thanks again for you information Steppinstone,

Old 09-20-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
You could also use an air compressor to blow out all the lines. First you drain the fresh water tank and water heater. Close those valves, hook your compressor to the city water connection set at 40 psi. Open all faucets one at a time until no water comes out. Don't forget the toilet and outside shower. Once that's done, open all faucets and let compressor run for about 10 minutes. Disconnect compressor and reopen fresh water drain valve and water heater relief valve, pour antifreeze in all sinks, shower and put about an inch in the toilet. You're set for the winter and don't have to flush water system next spring. Been doing this for 15 years with no problems.
KC9NPT (Merrill)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport
Romer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #5

Thank you for your suggestion. That sounds very easy and practical. Never would have thought of that on my own. I appreciate your input.

holiday rambler, winter