Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #1

Wipers, cruise control not working

2007 HR Imperial Class A

Wipers and cruise control both quit today. Started raining and worked for a while but then quit altogether. Any ideas?
Dippelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #2

Both are fused. I'd look for blown fuses first.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #3

Had the same thought and did that already. Fuses ok. Thank you though as its always good to confirm.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #4

When I checked the fuses I noticed the fuse compartment has a couple of small holes which is allowing water to spray up into the compartment from the front wheel, hence everything in the compartment is wet. I have placed a small heater in the compartment to dry things out and will patch the holes (looks like 2 screw holes where something had been attached and then removed so can simply put a couple metal screws back in to fill the holes). Hopefully this gets at least my wipers working. Any other advice anyone has is welcome and appreciated.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #5

With the water in the fuse compartment I would suspect corrosion on some terminals. Try a hair dryer to get it as dry as possible as quick as possible. The fuse could still be good but the connectors aren't. Just my first thoughts.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Do you by chance have a smart wheel that you use for the cruise control and wipers??? If so it could be your clock spring.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like the Smart Wheel. http://www.alpinecoachassociation.co...ng%20Guide.pdf
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:05 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
cruise control fuse.

On my Ford chassis, the cruise control also quits if you blow a fuse on the brake lite circuit. In two fuse boxes, there are three fuses that are marked for the brake lite circuit. It took forever to figure this out. Finally mentioned to the mechanic I use and he said, yes, the circuits are interconnected due to cruise cutting off when brakes are applied.
John
Mr John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I have a Smart wheel with all the controls on it. I had the same thing happen and to add to it the wipers would sometimes come on by themselves. I did some reading and seen a couple posts somewhere here on the forum and they said to check all the plugs in the wiring in the steering column and the Smart wheel controller. The controller was located under the dash.
I checked all the plugs and unplugged and re plugged the controller and it all works fine again.
Sometimes the controller needs to be replaced.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #10

Problem Fixed

Thanks to all who replied. Finally got to bottom of problem and it turns out one of the circuit boards was fried. Installed a new one, siliconed compartment to keep water out and all good now. 😊😊😊

Tags
cruise control