Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #15
Originally Posted by computerguy View Post
Feel free to share the park name. I certainly would not want to go there no matter how popular they are. Not being able to go because of a medical reason trump all policies. As much as I detest the airlines at least they give consideration for medical issues.
Social media is a powerful thing. I'd let the park know I was going to post it to all my social media accounts and advise everyone I know of the lack of consideration. I am not a fan of anyone taking advantage of another person regardless of what their "policy" is.
Hope the recovery is quick and you are able to get out there nad enjoy the RV soon!
Unfortunately once the door is opened there are always some that will take advantage of the situation. Once word gets around that a "medical reason"
qualifies for a refund everyone who cancels will be doing it for medical reasons.

Case and point. My mother owned a house in Florida. Her health was failing and she could no longer devote the time and energy to rent it so she put it up for sale. A couple made an offer. They wanted a closing date six months later so my mother asked for a non refundable offer to insure they would go through with the deal.

One day before the closing date the couple appeared at the door telling my mother that they had decided not to buy the house because of a medical condition and asked for a refund. As it turned out the medical condition was that the wife had broken her ankle 5 months earlier. In all that time they hadn't bothered to contact my mother, and by now it was too late in the season to try to rent the house.

Not only did my mother loose the income from the sale, she couldn't rent it. She still owed the taxes and had been paying utilities for a property that was vacant. The deposit she retained didn't even cover the taxes, let alone the utilities. Needless to say the house went back on the market, and the next accepted offer included a higher non refundable deposit and a closing date within 3 months.

2013 Adventurer 32H
Hikerdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!