Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm going to buy a 2008 Voyage 38J if the dealer and I can see eye to eye on the price. Just wondering if a front end alignment would be a good idea before putting it on the road. It's on a Workhorse chassis

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2008, 07:11 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm going to buy a 2008 Voyage 38J if the dealer and I can see eye to eye on the price. Just wondering if a front end alignment would be a good idea before putting it on the road. It's on a Workhorse chassis

Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #3

Certainly wouldn't hurt to at least have the alignment checked.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Finhawk:
I'm going to buy a 2008 Voyage 38J if the dealer and I can see eye to eye on the price. Just wondering if a front end alignment would be a good idea before putting it on the road. It's on a Workhorse chassis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to wonder, the reccommendation that has been in every RV Manual I have ever read is to get it realigned before you go on your first trip. Your new Winnebago comes aligned from the factory as an empty rig however once you load it up you need to get it realigned to match the new weight distribution and load you will be traveling with.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:03 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Finhawk:
I'm going to buy a 2008 Voyage 38J if the dealer and I can see eye to eye on the price. Just wondering if a front end alignment would be a good idea before putting it on the road. It's on a Workhorse chassis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No need to wonder, the reccommendation that has been in every RV Manual I have ever read is to get it realigned before you go on your first trip. Your new Winnebago comes aligned from the factory as an empty rig however once you load it up you need to get it realigned to match the new weight distribution and load you will be traveling with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well the manual suggests it but Kudo's to Workhorse for a job well done. I had mine re-aligned and it was only 1/32 out - acceptable and no problem.