Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
Hey, this is just my opinion, I am not an expert.
If you came to me, it would be adhered. No ceramic strips and any of that other business- because I- am the expert

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #16

you want large format wood?
how about 8- 5/8 inch wide?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05842.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	111135  

Old 11-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
Hey, this is just my opinion, I am not an expert.
If you came to me, it would be adhered. No ceramic strips and any of that other business- because I- am the expert
I agree that you are an expert at installing. And a very good one. Very nice job. I recommend you right away.

Decoration is different. To become an expert you should take decoration courses in my opinion and get a diploma.

This is why on a renovation project there is a Decorator and he does just that. Colors, textures, matchings, etc, etc, etc. i have renovated properties and I have learned this lesson: A decorator in 2015 has an incredible fantastic knowledge. They are like magicians.

But when we think the budget is too short, we improvise without a decorator. But take my "non-expert" advices for your next improvisation project, it will be even better.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 PM   #18

Sir-after 43+ years in the flooring business I don't need a piece of paper saying that I graduated whereas I AM the only one that has perfected wood flooring installation on slides. and at 68 years of age, advice is not required
Old 11-04-2015, 12:17 PM   #19

Quote:
you want large format wood?
how about 8- 5/8 inch wide?
You have very long lines going from front to rear and this is what we should avoid since the room is not very wide. You are forcing the eyes in this direction. We want to do the opposite and forget about this direction which is too long.

So it should be side to side in my opinion. If you see it in your mind, this would cut the lenght effect from front to rear since there would be less lines due to wider wood. So the floor would look more proportionnal.

Try it on your next project and compare.

Everybody know that if you are fat, you must wear a shirt or a dress with strips going from your head to your toe to look longer. And if you are too thin, then you should wear a t-shirt or a dress with lines going from side to side to help the eyes forget that you are too long. If you are too short then you would wear vertical stripes to look higher. So I am sorry to tell you Ernie, you have been wrong 68 years.

Click and look at this image from France Paris and you will understand immediatly.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Sir-after 43+ years in the flooring business I don't need a piece of paper saying that I graduated whereas I AM the only one that has perfected wood flooring installation on slides. and at 68 years of age, advice is not required
I agree.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:33 PM   #21

My reputation is stellar. I will not respond to anyone that says I have been wrong for 68 years. I wonder why I'm booked solid till Jun 2016? Good bye- enjoy criticizing perfection
Old 11-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #22

Quote:
My reputation is stellar. I will not respond to anyone that says I have been wrong for 68 years. I wonder why I'm booked solid till Jun 2016? Good bye- enjoy criticizing perfection
Ernie, don't take it personnal. On the highway, all the old house have a roof that bend in the middle. The building techniques have changed and the new roofs will never bent and we use less wood than before. So we live in a world where all the old techniques are improved each 2 years.

We all are in the same situation in our professionnal lifes. You are not alone.

I am sorry.

Tags
install