Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Purchase a decoy owl and put it right next to the RV where you are having trouble. No more critters. They are scared to death of owls. I got mine a Pro Bass Shop. About 12.00. Tractor supply also has them. Check sporting goods at Wally World also. Hope this helps you. It cured my bird problem...
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #16

A friend is having woodpecker problems at his house. He has tried automatic sprinklers, giant rat traps, and other things. He hopes his latest plan will work . . .

Amazon.com: Birds-Away Attack Spider: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Besides, he loves Halloween!
Clark Savage Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Purchase a decoy owl and put it right next to the RV where you are having trouble. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Savage Jr View Post
I wonder if either of these will help our cardinal problem? They're attacking their reflections in our mirrors. Sit on the arm & peck at themselves or at the adjacent window. They're doing the same thing at our S&B home - pecking at the car mirrors, mirrored lawn ornaments & pecking at their reflections in the patio door. Doesn't matter if they're nesting or not - happens throughout the entire year. I wouldn't care so much, but they leave their little "deposits" everytime they attack. All windows are double pane & the refectivity is high.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
A few weeks ago I re-coated my roof. I have an older Coach with an aluminum roof.
Found several places where Woodpeckers in Az. and Ravens in Cali, and Crows here
in Wa. had pecked little holes in the roof. I am glad I got the roof done though as
we have had non stop rain for the last couple weeks. Gona be a long winter
if we have to stay.
bjcarpetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by calhyatt View Post
Purchase a decoy owl and put it right next to the RV where you are having trouble. No more critters. They are scared to death of owls. I got mine a Pro Bass Shop. About 12.00. Tractor supply also has them. Check sporting goods at Wally World also. Hope this helps you. It cured my bird problem...
I put one of those owl decoys out by my tomato plants. Looked out one morning and a squirrel was sitting on the owls head eating a tomato. So much for that.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonh View Post
I put one of those owl decoys out by my tomato plants. Looked out one morning and a squirrel was sitting on the owls head eating a tomato. So much for that.
+1

I had problems with birds nesting underneath my porch at the house. My owl decoy didn't discourage them one bit.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #21

I've had good luck on our boat and in the garden with this product. I have seen it at Ace hardware too.
Bird Scare Tape - Rainbow (500' Roll)
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #22

I'm thinking of mounting an stuffed or plastic lifelike eagle or hawk on my roof to scare the birds and bermin away.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #23

Found a realistic eagle statue on ebay for $27.20. Something to think about a bird scarecrow.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #24

I'd put a small speaker inside it a play real eagle calls through it.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you use a scarecrow (Owl, Eagle, etc.) move it around, birds wise up pretty quick.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
REWahoo,
That is terrible! I agree with doc that an ounce or #8 would be in order but that may disturb the neighbors. I have a very nice shrouded Benjamin Trail 1100xl that is quiet and very effective for damage control.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinVa View Post
REWahoo,
That is terrible! I agree with doc that an ounce or #8 would be in order but that may disturb the neighbors. I have a very nice shrouded Benjamin Trail 1100xl that is quiet and very effective for damage control.
Thankfully they've never bothered the gaskets again. Not sure what attracted them, maybe something about that 'new RV smell'.

2017 Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
2011 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Crew Cab 4WD
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Woodpecker

Hope it isn't because it is new. Mine is new and still has that "showroom" smell! I will let you know if I encounter anything similar.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote