Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Workhorse chassis hubcap nuts

I have a W22 chassis W/ 22.5 wheels. Need to find a source for the nuts and chrome caps that hold the hubcaps on to the wheel lugs. Help appreciated. Can't find at local auto stores or truck stops.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I was able to find replacements for mine at the rv dealer that sold me my mh.
doubleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
I ordered mine from here.
Chrome Plastic 33MM Standard Lug Nut Cover - 4 State Trucks

Any 33mm lug cover should work if you have the same simulators as I have.
mhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may have Dicor Versa Liner Simulators. Do they have the 6-pointed star in the middle of the hub? Here's a link to their site:

Versa Liner® Simulators | Dicor Products | Official Website

I had to replace the whole wheel simulator on my WH-22. Dicor had the cheapest prices at the time of my purchase.

Fran
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #5

Same for me, beware the cost. I paid $8.00 apiece on sale. I used a little bit of locktight to help keep them on.

I really had to push the hubcap on tight to get the nut to start threading.'

The person at the sales counter had no idea which size I needed, so did offer to take them back. I sure was not going to take a tire nut off just to check the size.

I suppose the place that installed the tires would know the size, but they did not have any idea of where to purchase the nuts.
anneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #6

Bought mine from Dicor as well. Got them very quickly.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. I need the actual nut that holds the hubcap on, not the nut covers. Still looking for a source. I will try truck outlets next. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:41 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Alleyman...if you have Dicor wheel simulators.. they sell the jamnuts for $10. Follow the link I posted above.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyman View Post
Perhaps I didn't explain clearly. I need the actual nut that holds the hubcap on, not the nut covers. Still looking for a source. I will try truck outlets next. Thanks for the info.
Guess I am confused. The decorative nut that I bought has the actual nut that holds the cover on within it. There is also a Dicor wrench to tighten the cover in place and not mar up the decorative nut itself.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #10

I have Alcoa wheels on mine. I lost the center cap somewhere on I 40 in March. I ended up having to call Workhorse, who gave me a dealers name and number so he could order it for me. I had to give him my VIN, he pulled it up and ordered the center chrome caps and had them shipped directly to me.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #11

I have 19.5 wheels on my coach. I also had a jam nut missing my Dicor versaliners (6 point star in center). They have 6 chrome nut covers that are part of the hub cap and 2 jam nuts with chrome covers attatched to them. Of course you cant just go anywhere and buy them.
Fastenal could get a nut that would work but with freight it would be the same as the original part but no chrome cover.
I ended up getting a 22 mm nut at john deere that screwed right on. it cost $4 makes a good temporary fix untill you can get the correct part.
I didn't post so much for the op's sake but someone else may be looking for a nut to get them by untill something better can be found.

so if your looking for big metric fine thread nuts don't forgrt to check the implement dealers, there big into metrics now days.

Tags
chassis, workhorse