Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
View Poll Results: I am in the process of buying my first Class A and would like some feedback or advice on which driv
workhorse 75 78.13%
Ford V-10 21 21.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2005, 02:55 PM   #71
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RVRon:
.. I'll wait to see the RPM that the V-10 makes that 362 HP at. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>4750 RPM.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2005, 05:40 PM   #72
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Having been a owner of three Ford V-10'S and one 460, I didn't think there could be anything better. As Kirk has pointed out CCC weights can cause alot of grief for owners with all the different models an Mfg's we have to choose from.

The coaches I chosed were Newmars on the Fords, Newmar streched the chassie rails to mount 37'10" coachs, the CCC was right on the border line thru no fault of Ford.
I found with all the weight the Fords could not support the Newmars, thru no fault of Ford. I had to add leaf springs all around on one and I installed AIR-LIFT bags on the other. The one with bags, the right rear duels were hitting the top of the wheel well when the coach rocked to that side.
All this thru no fault of Ford. I might add I had the Banks and Trans-command installed on them because I wanted everything Ford could give me, which was a excellent power train.

My new Newmar has the W-22 and what a surprise that was. I will say I have had some problems that most others have had, but for a new product as such I can live with it since they have been corrected. The difference has been the ride, the power, quietness and the ability to carry this coach and give me a reasonable CCC.
Looking at the new Newmar lineup for 2006 most coachs are on the W-24 with a great improvement in CCC. Maybe this Mfg has finally got it right.

Ford has a new super drive train but is falling back in chassis weight carrying capacity, when they get that right its going to be a great race. MY 2CTS "007"

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #73

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Originally posted by 007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Looking at the new Newmar lineup for 2006 most coachs are on the W-24 with a great improvement in CCC. Maybe this Mfg has finally got it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure you meant to say "most larger GAS coaches", and that is exactly my problem. You see, I have been telling everyone(well, at least those who will listen to me ) that "as soon as Newmar offers MY floorplan on a W-24 chassis, I'm gonna order one!!" Today, as soon as they got the new website up showing the 2006 models, I knew I was in trouble 'cause there it is! KSCA 3744 on a W-24 Now, whats a poor boy to do?? Somebody STOP me before it's too late ED
Old 07-23-2005, 04:11 AM   #74

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ed!
This is an intervention! There is NO cure!!!!
Step away from the Newmar!

Aw, what the heck, go for it!
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #75

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aw, what the heck, go for it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Ron & Kathy-you sound just like my wife!
Old 07-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #76
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Say Ed, you have been posting all over the place when are you going to order that MACA 3784. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:55 AM   #77

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm not finished accepting donations, yet!