Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2015, 07:51 AM   #1

Worst camping season: 2015

I'd imagine there are some here that have had absolutely horrible camping seasons. Well, for me, it's 2015!

Our long awaited and NEEDED two week cruise was kiboshed when my mom's health took a bad enough turn right before the trip to where we had to cancel. We lost our substantial deposit.

A trip to visit aging relatives in Alabama went bad when the coach starter left us stranded in a Walmart parking lot in 95 degree temps.

Just two days before a trip to upper Michigan to visit a lot of areas we camped as children, my brother in law fell of a ladder he was on rehabbing my sister's 1967 Little Gem vintage trailer that we were going to tow behind my coach.

He severed his left foot almost completely, broke five ribs on his left side, one on his right, dislocated his left shoulder and about degloved his wedding finger when the ring got caught in the ladder works on the way down. He's in for a loooong recovery!! The foot was saved and he's back home on the mend...

What a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2015, 08:02 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
I'd imagine there are some here that have had absolutely horrible camping seasons. Well, for me, it's 2015!

Our long awaited and NEEDED two week cruise was kiboshed when my mom's health took a bad enough turn right before the trip to where we had to cancel. We lost our substantial deposit.

A trip to visit aging relatives in Alabama went bad when the coach starter left us stranded in a Walmart parking lot in 95 degree temps.

Just two days before a trip to upper Michigan to visit a lot of areas we camped as children, my brother in law fell of a ladder he was on rehabbing my sister's 1967 Little Gem vintage trailer that we were going to tow behind my coach.

He severed his left foot almost completely, broke five ribs on his left side, one on his right, dislocated his left shoulder and about degloved his wedding finger when the ring got caught in the ladder works on the way down. He's in for a loooong recovery!! The foot was saved and he's back home on the mend...

What a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouch! Our year seems fine,,,,, now.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:08 AM   #3

sorry to hear that!
yes, our year's 'complaints' pale when hearing of your story - it puts it all in perspective!

: /
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Omg, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your brother in law!!! Let's be positive that next year will be a fabulous year of camping for you!!!!
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 PM   #5

That's a rough one, but when things like that happen, I try to find the bright spot. It could have been worse. Your mother could have gotten sick, or worse, when you were on the cruise and you could not get back in time. Maybe the starter failing prevented you from being in a serious accident, and the brother-in-law could have died from his injuries. Although, your camping season was not a good one, by comparison to what might have been, it was a pretty good year.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #6

Hope next year is better!
smacdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hope thing turn around for you soon!
Old 10-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
No matter how bad things may be for you, keep in mind that someone else is having a worse time. Thank your lucky stars their problems aren't yours.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
No matter how bad things may be for you, keep in mind that someone else is having a worse time. Thank your lucky stars their problems aren't yours.
TRUE!
Bought the Magna in Feb, drove it 2,600 miles and the ISX blew. Cost us 5 weeks and $22,000.
April 30th the DW was "terminated" Lost all medical insurance so went on COBRA at $1435 a month.
May 1 she went in for testing
May 6th they told us she had inoperable liver cancer. So far she's had two chemo treatments on two tumors and a third is showing.
Going in on the 14th to find out what, if anything they can do now.
Now trying to get her on the national transplant list.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:18 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
TRUE!
Bought the Magna in Feb, drove it 2,600 miles and the ISX blew. Cost us 5 weeks and $22,000.
April 30th the DW was "terminated" Lost all medical insurance so went on COBRA at $1435 a month.
May 1 she went in for testing
May 6th they told us she had inoperable liver cancer. So far she's had two chemo treatments on two tumors and a third is showing.
Going in on the 14th to find out what, if anything they can do now.
Now trying to get her on the national transplant list.
I wish you the best on getting on the national transplant list. My former roommate has been struggling to get on it since January 2014. It has been one headache after another.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping