Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 03:02 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
Guessing by now, you've gotten your answer.....a resounding no. Although, there's always that one guy that says "Here, hold my beer"........
2007 42' Country Coach Intrigue #12149 CAT C-13, 2014 SRX, Roadmaster Sterling, SMI AirForceOne
FMCA, Good Sam, CCFI, CCI, NWCC
CarlAda is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #16

Interesting thread. I have thought about camping at the Galveston Island State Park campground which has 50 amp electric, sewer, water. But it's on the beach or within easy walking distance. I'm concerned about sand and my slide, and salt. I'm not so concerned about getting stuck since this is a state campground with amenities. But.... sand? salt? Any thoughts?
tommar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #17

Forest River Owners Club
We don't do beaches...... (For reasons above - salt, sand, sand, sand, salt). We do mountains -
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
No Way
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spent 2+ weeks near but not on beaches. I tried to cover any bare metal with paint. When I got back home was shocked at the amount of corrusion. Even chrome on mirrors flacking. The dew carries salt onto everything. Sticky to the touch.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #20

Yep, got the point. I was thinking it was a bad idea due to weight, and didn't even give the open rear axle any consideration. Bad idea in that case. It's been a long, long time since I've had anything that didn't have 4x4 or at a minimum posi. And yes, I'm sure the salt on all those motorhome parts is rough on them.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
Just out of curiosity - would any of you drive a diesel pusher onto a camping beach? I'm at Oceano Dunes, and the majority of the rigs out here are trailers, but there are a handful of motorhomes.

I'd imagine getting a DP stuck in the sand to be a pretty big deal, vice a fifth wheel/travel trailer. Not many vehicles are gonna be alot of help towing it.
There are a lot of people that camp on the beach, I did quite a few times, in my gasser. I had a 425 hp 4 wheel drive Chevy pickup that I towed, so no problem getting in or out.
You could pre-arrange to have a beach tower, tow you in and out, or stay at Pismo Coast Village, for about the same price. They have walking to Beach access.

Terry
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
seriously. no way.
NKK Member 21619 / FMCA Member 465836
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:36 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Would you...

NO, No -

Learned my lesson many, many year ago ( with a front wheel drive 26' GMC). Almost got stuck ON Daytona Beach.

We backed into a parking spot on the sand, about 75 or 100 ft. from the water edge, with a beautiful view of the water and was ( I thought ) ideal for the kids and dogs to go into the ocean.

Well, dummy me, didn't pay attention to the tide...was rolling in really fast and before I realized it, the water was within 5 feet of the coach.

Got out OK however.
FMCA # F26083
fluffyms is offline   Reply With Quote