Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2019, 04:23 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
F&P Dishwashers

Back before I went full time I added two F&P dishwasher drawers after remodeling our kitchen. One lasted about five years, then quit working. I pulled it out and installed a full size Bosch. The other drawer was still working fine after about ten years when I sold my house. My Anthem also has an F&P drawer. when we bought it three years ago. Jet Dry leaked from the start and I had to refinish the wood underneath the drawer and replace the Jet Dry container. I assume it was cracked and quality control didn't notice. Other than that we have used it about five times a week without any issues. It cleans thoroughly and is pretty quiet. After owning three of these I would recommend it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2019, 04:35 PM   #58

Newmar Owners Club
Talking Dishwasher is a MUST!

We absolutely love our dishwasher. This is the second coach we have had with one and we will ALWAYS have one.
janelewbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:40 PM   #59

Damon Owners Club
Thank you for your service sir!
vacation123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #60

Where do you get one of those and do they fit most?
RoadRelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #61

Dishwasher

We use paper plates but still run our dishwasher every night when we go to bed would not buy unit without one
Todmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #62

We use so few dishes when in the RV that we do them by hand. We have a protein shake for breakfast...a quick wash of the nutribullet takes about 5 seconds and just a little water. We make our sandwiches on a paper towel, 2 seconds to get the mustard off the knife. Our dinner meat is most often already prepared and frozen in a vacuum sealed bag, like smoked tri-tip, brisket, meatloaf, chicken breast, etc, or cooked then and there on the grill outside (steaks, chicken bbq, hot dogs, burgers). We buy steam-in-the-bag frozen veggies and nuke ‘em in the microwave...and use a mini colander to drain them. We use a paper plate to eat from usually but also use some Corelle plates, and the stainless silverware. We usually share a can of soda for dinner, and have our “senior Tang” (Metamucil) in a Tupperware cup after dinner (5 seconds each to clean).

What I’m trying to say here, is that we saw no need for a dishwasher. I offered it to DW when we bought the Phaeton, but she was adamant that we didn’t need it, and she was right, even though we make use of one at our S&B home.
RamblingRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Mine discharges into the grey.
Do you have to use anything in your gray tank to keep odors at bay like you may in the black tank?
Lynn
Old 06-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #64

Another Use Case

We find it a great Bar. Keeps bottles safe Nd from clanking when traveling.
HTarnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:27 PM   #65

Yes off course love our little dishwasher

Zzotte
Old 06-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #66

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Full timer: Required, especially if you have full hook-ups
Weekender: Rather have the oven.

We have lived 2 years in ours and a DW is a good place to store dirty dishes out of the way until time to run a load. Keeps the place clean. Plus the sanitation benefits of using hot water. We took out the oven and replaced it with a Fisher Paykal single drawer DW.
Our Fleetwood discovery was more or less pre-configured for it. If you have a Tiffin, they have always had that option.
6wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitcharoo View Post
I am getting ready to order a new coach and one of the options offered is a dishwasher. For all you owners with dishwashers is it worth it? Would you order one again? Do you use it often, or do you only use paper plates while camping?
We bought a new RV last year and opted out of a washer/dryer for a Dishwasher. I LOVE IT....can I just say, I LOVEEEE THE DISHWASHER. I fill it during the day and run it at night. It uses only 2 gallons. (great for the grey tank!) Who needs a heavy washer anyway...laundromats are everywhere! I had shelves put in where the washer/dryer was going to be so no lack of space in my RV! It is a bit noisy but I slide the bedroom door closed and I go off to dreamland. GET the dishwasher! <3
Avarietytea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #68
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETMGROW View Post
Do you have to use anything in your gray tank to keep odors at bay like you may in the black tank?
Lynn
At home, we rinse dishes before they go into the dishwasher, unless we're starting it right away. In your house, the discharge from your dishwasher is routed through your garbage disposal.

Since I don't want a grey tank full of grease or food debris, I wipe all our dishes off before they go into the motor home dishwasher. Since it washes the dishes with hot water, I have no concerns that debris is building up in the grey tank. I've had a dishwasher now for 6 years and never had a grey tank issue.

We primarily use paper plates for dinner, but all the silverware, cups and breakfast bowls go into the dishwasher. Typically, we get three days of filling the dishwasher before turning it on.

Another thought.....since most RV sinks are downsized, you have to be careful not to splash soap around or spray rinse water everywhere, so I find we don't do as good of a job cleaning in the sink. The dishwasher sanitizes the dishes better.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dishwasher

We use our dishwasher all the time. Wouldn’t consider a MH without one.
300danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:28 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantz View Post
Replaced our oven/stovetop with a dishwasher/stovetop. Wouldn't ever give up a dishwasher. It uses less water than hand washing and dishes are not sitting on the counter drying. We already had plenty of storage so didn't need more. Going on 8 years of full time and still going strong.

I never understood the claim that a dish washer uses less water than hand washing? We have always washed dishes by hand and it takes about 1 gal total to wash. You only need about 1" of soapy water in the sink to swirl around and wet the dishes. Plus, we always cloth dry our dishes and put them away immediately, they never sit out. Washing dishes together is actually a good couple interaction time.
It's great that people have the option to have a dish washer, but that is one appliance that we have never owned.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish, dishwasher