Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRelax View Post
What is considered the best brand of electric fireplace that can be easily installed? My Journey has cabinet under television that could accommodate it.

Your best option is to search for a fireplace that fits without major cabinet work. Measure the opening you plan to install the fireplace and search for that size. I removed the doors on the cabinet under the TV and found a fireplace on Craigs List for $75 that fit perfectly. Sometimes you get lucky!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fireplace strap.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	252981  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #58

Thor Owners Club
Put me in the yes column for a fireplace. Had one in our last 5th wheel and our new one. They are fabulous for taking on the chilly air. I like Grandstone01's design of having it installed on a slider so hidden storage can be reached.
LiVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #59

Winnebago Owners Club
One of those things you look at and say "Now why would they do that?". Almost considered having it deleted when ordering. It was there so we used it once. And then twice. And then again!

Now it is a regular part of our routine to take the chill off in the morning or during the evening. Couple times when we were not feeling well we used it to warm the living area up.

Nice way to take the chill off without heating the place prior to the days heat.

If we order again a fireplace will be on the list.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #60

Fireplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitcharoo View Post
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post of "Would you buy a dishwasher again." The overwhelming response was yes you would. Because of your responses we are going to order a dishwasher when we order the coach.

Because everyone has been so helpful I have another question; would you buy a fireplace again? If so, why? Do you use it a lot? Do you just turn on the flame without the heat, for ambience, or do you also turn on the heat with the flame? Do you use it just to take the chill off in the evening or do you use it to heat the room? Since we will order the coach with Aqua Hot do any of you have Aqua Hot or Oasis and a fireplace, if so, do you use your fireplace?

My wife wants the fireplace and I don't. Strangely enough I want the dishwasher and she doesn't. Your thoughts please.
Our 5th wheel toy hauler came with a fireplace and my first reaction was: "That's nice, but when would we ever use a fireplace?" I should mention that we live in our RV full time and don't have any other home. We simply travel to the location of my consulting assignment and then move on and travel about until the next one.

Anyway, I wound up getting an assignment in the Atlanta area and during the winter, we used the fireplace day and night! It was great. We had an all-inclusive lot rate so it cut down on our propane usage and we love that direct heat blowing on us. So, both Robin and I are very happy with our fireplace, both for heating and ambiance.
BikesAndGuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #61

Yes, absolutely. The one I have is centrally located under the TV in the open area side of the bedroom wall. It doesn't take up much space at all and is used quite often. I figure it saves me about $30 a year in propane costs.
djfrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes! When we bought our currant RV it came with a fireplace and half bath. Didn't think we would use them much. Now we wouldn't be without them. Use the fireplace both for heat and sometimes a night light for going to the half bath.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:51 PM   #63

Yes. Use it a lot for heat, keeping on low during cold nights to take the edge off the chill. Since it’s below the TV, use it as often as we can for ambience. It’s on a wall that would otherwise be wasted space, is pretty light in weight, and really adds a nice touch during stormy evenings with a movie and popcorn. Just saying!
walt_embree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #64

Another use for the fireplace is late evening listening to music on the headphones with the fireplace lit but no heat.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 PM   #65

Smile Fireplace

We have one and use it quite often in the spring winter and fall or when in the mountains. Like the ambience and it definitely takes the morning chill off quite rapidly
Rambler16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:06 PM   #66

There is a member one here Bob Caldwell that put a pellet stove in his Rookwood. Spends time in Quartzite and has poor circulation, needs the heat.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Saw a holiday trailer in Cedar City, Utah a few years ago. They had installed a pot belly stove in the trailer. While we were there they had it fired up and in spite of the very cool day they had the door and some windows open.

Tags
ace, fire, replace