Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Most of on the forum follow the manufactures because it's part of our lifestyle. In the past five years, after the bust, practically all that survived or were repurchased and started over revamped their lines in both gas and diesel to fit today's economy. IMHO what's here is what you get at least in A class MH. The ranks are not as deep as the early two thousand years and the present does not bode well for a start up company. There have been rumors of German or Aisan markets introducing into the American market but other than the Sprinter chassis with Mercedes that's been it. If any one would have a handle on it Mike aka DriVer would be on top of it.

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
As other have stated, don't wait if you have the ability and financial means. Having said that, it doesn't sound like you have found that perfect rig yet but when you do, go for it. I would recommend the Tampa show as well as its very large and attended by most manufacturers and major dealers. You will see most anything that is available in a expansive and comfortable area (unless Florida gets hit with a polar vortex).

mvpmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #17

For Fleetwood, google "gone with the wynns", start with their sept 8 post, and go back in time from there. Seems like mfgs are recovering and adding nice features to their coaches.

As always, what was a high end feature will end up trickling down ...

Not for me, but have you looked at the Super C's (I like the exterior look! )
Happy hunting!
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks again for all the good advice. Yes we have looked at super c's. I think we might try to add to the confusion and look at the gas RVs again. They really have improved in the last two years. Clay, what you said made sense.

Back to the same ol' pondering of diesel vs. gas. You may be right, still unable to decide, may need to spend some time at looking, driving and listening to experienceD owners. Being dwarfed here in Oregon campsites adds to the peer pressure! Lol

Still on a trip to Oregon, I guess that allows some more time!
Old 10-12-2014, 06:14 AM   #19

Once again I seem to be the contrarian on the forum

I would never buy new since you are pissing a whole lot of money away on depreciation. Secondly buying new, now, is crazy. RV manufacturers are producing RVs at breakneck speed and quality across the board is suffering. I know two RV dealership owners that are frustrated at the lack of QC and poor workmanship on new units. They both have new coaches lined up in their repair facilities fixing problems from the factory.

Bottom line is its your money so do with it what you want.

Good luck and many happy years RVing
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
When make it so hard. Purchase when you find what feels right for YOU. And the price is right. That said I would consider a higher end diesel slightly used(with a good inspection) and save 1000s if not 10000s of $$$$$.

LEN
Old 10-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm part of the "buy used" group. My wife and I traveled up and down looking for the perfect "new" DP. Actually buying one only to back out of the deal because we found the perfect used one for $100K less. And when I say perfect, it has everything we said we wanted in our next coach.

I say broaden your scope and include late model used. You may be surprised.

Robert.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #22

Would you wait until 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24g Sprinter View Post
Hello everyone. we are looking to jump from our Itasca 24g 26 ft. Front engine Diesel to a larger 32-34 footer. Looking for more comfort, a quieter ride while still maintaining state park size.

The two things you mentioned "comfort" and "quieter ride" can only be achieved by going to a diesel pusher with the engine in the rear. It moves you from a "truck suspension" to
an "air ride" suspension. The coach literally floats on big rubber bags filled with air.

Since you have a front engine diesel now, you know engines make a lot of noise - both gas and diesel.......so the solution is to move that engine 30 or more feet behind you - instead
of right under your feet.

So to narrow down the choices, only look at diesel pushers in the 32-34 foot size.

If going new, good brands are Newmar, Tiffin, Winnebago, Fleetwood.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #23

The 2015 models haven't even arrived yet at most dealers....you can be the first
to see them!

Here are a few good choices.....in the small size you want there aren't that many
in inventory......

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413133632.675376.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	76382

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413133679.659176.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	407.4 KB
ID:	76383

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413134412.369953.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	76384

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413134486.659878.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	76385
Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
I forgot to say, yes! I love reading the Wynns"! Very close to the style of camping as us. Thanks for the work up Pasdad1, yes, the Breeze was the very closest to our needs and size. Also the 33aa allegro red, and the Fleetwood 33a. Don't want to go larger than that. Heard a few rumors about the Breeze changing soon to a different engine, more power, so that was a biggy deciding on whether we should wait or not on that RV.

Adding also now the allegro open road 30 gas for consideration if we can't find a 33ft diesel.

I am sitting next to a beautiful 2011 and seriously thinking in that age and style.
Thnx ya'all! You are helping to get us over the decision hump!
Old 10-15-2014, 09:10 AM   #25

If you see what you want, buy it now and start enjoying it. We were in a similar position last year. We liked the 2013 43QGP floor plan, but debated on waiting for the 2014's. The 45LP was nice, but no pantry and the L couch was uncomfortable. It was Feb, so not much of a wait. We chose to order a 2013. so glad we did, because Tiffin shortened the dash 10" and deleted the passenger pull out drawer under the dash in the 14's. They also changed the cooling fan and are having problems with the gearbox. Even looking at the 2015's, we are glad we bought when we did.

So if you like what is available now, go for it. The retail is less and your trade will be worth more now than a year from now. Plus, they might make a change that you won't like. Good Luck
Old 10-15-2014, 10:33 AM   #26

The Hershey show is 21 acres of RVs and lots of seminars, I have gone twice and it is bigger than the Tampa show. It was Sept 10-14th, lots of info.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My opinion is be prepared to buy now so you can also buy smart. Narrow down your search as much as possible, i.e.. diesel pusher, length, options, etc. so when you see the right model at the right price you can act quickly. I agree with the others who like to buy gently used both autos and our coach.
We bought our Tiffin Allegro RED 33 at Lazy Days in May. We are in Florida quite a bit and have stopped there and at other dealers often. This time they had a 10 month old Tiffin at a great price. The previous owners liked it and wanted to move up to a 42'. It is beautiful and spacious and drives better than the 28' Breeze which we test drove earlier in the year. You won't regret getting the extra space.
Good luck.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola69746702 View Post
The Hershey show is 21 acres of RVs and lots of seminars, I have gone twice and it is bigger than the Tampa show. It was Sept 10-14th, lots of info.

It's true that the Hershey show bills itself as the largest in the country. In point of fact, the Hershey and Tampa shows are very similar in size and scope. In '14 the Tampa show had a larger attendance but at some point statistics don't mean much. Camping with electric hookups are available in Tampa and its a pretty good time to be in Florida. If Tampa is just not big enough for you I doubt Hershey will be either.

Either place is a great venue to see lots of RVs of all kinds. I just got my reservation confirmation for Tampa & starting to look forward to it.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote