Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #29

I personally wouldn't' wait. The manufacturers appear to raise the MSRP every year. Waiting will probably add at least 5% to your cost.
Ziggy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Agree, and yours and my life expectancy is depreciated by one year. Many try but you just can't outrun time!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #31

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes, x = 10y + $?
After 10y (if u r lucky) X becomes a minus, losing money anyway, so you better enjoy every y!
Lol
I was mainly thinking of waiting a year to see if the Breeze was going to improve on power, because that's the one we liked best for our lifestyle. We saw a gas Tiffin 31 ft. In Oregon this week and loved it. May drive one tomorrow.

I really would get over the raised prices if they improved some of the ongoing known problems and aged decor. I guess I fear the stress of a "problem" child when the time is ticking!
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I'm also in the buy slightly used DP group, and buy NOW! How many more years do you have on the road? We are in our early to mid 60's as well, and did jump in! We chose to go larger because we felt we needed the room. Yes, there are some state parks we do not fit in, but we have found MANY that we do fit in. Our problem with state parks has been not having sewer hookups. Having to move the coach to dump, or having to move the stuff to the dump site is just not my idea of fun!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 PM   #33

I would wait. I don't see the hurry. You have lots of choices and not all begin and end with the letters RV, despite this being an RV forum. You can go on a cruise, rent a motorhome several times, rent a place and live there for a few months, go overseas and rent for several months. And in the meantime you can learn more about rvs and probably make a better choice next year than you would now. You have time, take it.

I like the Breeze as well and I also like some of the mid 30's gas rigs. I would love to have to choose between a stronger hp breeze, a better 34 floor plan for the Canyon Star, and an improved Jayco Seneca Super C or downsized Dynamax, or a stretched Mercedes Sprinter.

In the meantime, take some trike flying lessons, do some scuba diving, play some tennis...so much to choose from.

Buy a luxury car, then trade it in on an RV. Much smaller loss of depn.
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 AM   #34

I just checked peaceowl's profile. Looks like they got the 2015 Tiffin RED 33aa.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:26 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
Yes we did buy the 33aa diesel. So far no regrets, and very happy with the diesel 10mpg and air ride. Comfort all the way which was why we were moving up from the itasca Navion to begin with. That's a hard RV to give up! The RV lifestyle is now improved with the diesel ride and king bed! Thanx everyone! Feel free to message me if you want a comparison to both motorhomes, C and A.
480w Go Power solar
Old 01-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #36

Thanks for the update👍
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:12 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Some 2016 models are already out.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #38

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen a few 2016s online and also the Wynn's video of the new Bounder, adding their touches that Fleetwood allowed them [and only them]. Their tastes are right on with what I like.

Having said that, as most all of you recommended, we got the 2015 early on and got a years worth of fun in before the 16's come out. So was it worth it?????YES!!!! Glad we didn't wait, because my back is acting up, and the hiking trips with camera gear may be far between, but happy we dived in, and had some fun! we love our 2015. We made a few changes like a new Bedspread to "modernize" a bit. The comfort is greatly appreciated NOW.

So everything IS GOOD, AND NO REGRETS! Get what you want, and if nothing strikes your fancy, wait a few months for the new ones. Prices will be more though. They really don't change much.

Its a lot of money, so write down pros and cons, price affordability, and don't forget to realize that buying a one year old rig may save you some bucks, but over time you might lose that savings due to yours being a year older.

I'm guessing this, but the best time to order a new one is September`October, so you won't waste a years value going down the drain before you even drive it off the lot. Plus, you will be ready by spring for great travels.

Good riding and thank you!
480w Go Power solar
Old 05-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp_Woof View Post
Not for me, but have you looked at the Super C's (I like the exterior look! )
We're in the market, and, actually, I HAVE looked at the Super Cs. Slick marketing websites look killer, "must-have", and "Super Fun".

But read the owner's forums on how they like 'em - ANY of 'em. People have been having legion critical issues with quality control, even with the high end ones. Stuff like slides that eat themselves up on the drive mechanisms, fun stuff like that.

You want part of anything like that? Not me. And all this has been going on for several model years. Unless and until the industry decides to get quality control to the point where buyers have some reasonable expectation that what they're spending big bucks for will actually provide some functionality, and for a reasonable time period, they don't get a red cent from me. Today's QC is a joke.
Racklefratz is offline   Reply With Quote