Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Would you wait until 2016?

Hello everyone. we are looking to jump from our Itasca 24g 26 ft. Front engine Diesel to a larger 32-34 footer. Looking for more comfort, a quieter ride while still maintaining state park size. i do not mind the mix options of propane and electric. it offers a few extra days dry camping. i don't cook big meals.

My husband loves the 33aa tiffin allegro red. A tad larger than our needs. We loved the size of the Breeze 28 but a few issues unknown are the tire size and longevity of the rig. Looking for a perfect rig that size has not many options. The Fleetwood excursion 33a sounds closer to our needs as well. I need a place to lie down often in between camera shoots, so floor plans are important.

The question, would you think it would be wise to wait until 2016 considering we already have a nice, easy, small RV for now? I heard the Breeze may change again. And do you think there's a chance that some more mid range 33-35 footers may be out then? Thnx for your time,

BTW I love the irv2 forums!
Linda

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2014, 06:09 PM   #2

I never think in life it's wise to wait... If you have the financial means to afford what you want, and it exists, buy it now and start enjoying it !

That said, You could attend the Tampa RV show in Florida that's in a few months....one or the largest in the Nation! Spend a couple of days looking at everything...might help
You make up your minds what you really want.

http://events.frvta.org/florida-rv-supershow/

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412464134.845268.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	484.8 KB
ID:	75726

Old 10-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
It depends on how old you are. If your in your 20's, lots of time to wait for model year changes. If you are in your late 70's how many travel years are left?
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:26 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thnx bro box and passdad1. We tend to be pretty impulsive , and I agree, life is getting short. we are in our mid sixties. All of a sudden you realize the tail end is close to life's end here on earth! So I hear you.

Is there any of you who think that the trend is changing as far as RV length?

Good idea on the RV show. I believe a large one here on the west coast is next week. (Easier to get to

another question, only two available excursions 4 hours from here. Would you buy one 4.5 hours away? Thnx
Old 10-04-2014, 07:54 PM   #5

Don't wait, get what you want now.and.enjoy as no one knows.the future. Tomorrow may never come but today is here and now.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #6

Would you wait until 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCwildlife View Post

Good idea on the RV show. I believe a large one here on the west coast is next week. (Easier to get to

Be sure the "show" is a real show and not just a hyped up sales event with a couple of dealers..... In comparison, the super-show in Tampa, Fl had 57,000 paid people attending
last year!

I've also heard the one in Hershey, PA is a good one too....I think it's already past.

I think the trend in RV length is getting larger.... People seem to be getting larger
and need more room
Old 10-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
A, I would not wait. Were in our sixties and the light at the end of the tunnel is brighter every day. Purchasing our first MH 3 1/2 years ago then purchasing our new present coach was not planed it just happened. We are both extremely happy with our coach and presently full time for a bit. Trend is mostly in coaches 33 ft. Plus, however there have been great advances in class B and C with the Sprinter chassis coupled with Mercedes Diesel engines. Find your floor plan and use due diligence, get on the road!
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #8

We are definitely going to wait until 2016 to buy our next Country Coach!
Peralko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It depends on how old you are. If your in your 20's, lots of time to wait for model year changes. If you are in your late 70's how many travel years are left?
If your in your 20's doesn't guarantee you will wake up tomorrow
Old 10-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #10

We are in our mid sixties. We bought our first class a gasser 5 years ago. It was a 35 ft with 3 slides and a ford v10. Last year we traded it in on a 41 ft class A dp. It is just the 2 of us plus 2 dogs and a cat. The only thing that is for sure in my life is I woke up this morning and tomorrow is not guaranteed. If you can afford it buy it now and start enjoying.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:13 AM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCwildlife View Post
Thnx bro box and passdad1. We tend to be pretty impulsive , and I agree, life is getting short. we are in our mid sixties. All of a sudden you realize the tail end is close to life's end here on earth! So I hear you.

another question, only two available excursions 4 hours from here. Would you buy one 4.5 hours away? Thnx
That's were we are, mid-late 60's (66 almost 67 and 67 almost 68). I want to get a new/newer rig, DW wants to wait. I'm not sure what she's waiting for though as her health is bad (going in this next Friday for her third hernia operation and the 14th time in the hosp in three years). I'd like to enjoy a new/newer rig while we can.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I never think in life it's wise to wait... If you have the financial means to afford what you want, and it exists, buy it now and start enjoying it !

That said, You could attend the Tampa RV show in Florida that's in a few months....one or the largest in the Nation! Spend a couple of days looking at everything...might help
You make up your minds what you really want.

http://events.frvta.org/florida-rv-supershow/

Attachment 75726

X2 on this suggestion. Since you have an RV now, sign up for camping at the show and immerse yourself in the event.

In the meantime, do some serious brainstorming about your wants and needs. At a minimum, you will learn a lot.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:16 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTTRANSPORT View Post
If your in your 20's doesn't guarantee you will wake up tomorrow
There are no guarantees in life only odd's. The odds of waking up in your 20's is a heck of a lot better than those in their 70's. My Mom just turned 101 and beat ALL the odd makers...she is still collecting on an annuity that started paying at 65. My Dad passed at 63 while fulltiming in their trailer, only traveled for 3 years....he waited to long.
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank everyone! I value your perspective and experience.
We have been stopping at a lot of RV sales lots, and pretty much seen what is out there with our needs. (A lot of reading online also). Wondering if anything new to the "comfort" and smaller size DP is on the horizon before we buy this year.
thanks,,