Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-15-2015, 08:10 PM   #15
Vintage RV Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If he hasn't had an RV before, I'd say a good set of slipon shoes (crocs, flip flops, etc..) for going in/out of the coach in dirty areas (I have a set I keep in my coach). Speaking as a father, I'd prefer something like a picture and a nice note as I too buy whatever I need.

1995 BlueBird BMC 37
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
1984 BlueBird Wanderlodge FC35RB-Sold
dmurdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 09:57 PM   #16
how much do you plan to spend?

for lesser like $100, as mentioned by others already, the dash cam. not only it records scenes, it protects your dad from a liability in the unlikely event that somebody cuts in and steps on brake that your dad couldn't stop in time.

for more like $200-300, get an induction cooktop like nuwave gold and a set of magma 10 piece cookwares. he will love it.

still want more? wait for other's inputs

2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:46 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
How about a digital picture frame, that's something that don't take up much room,you can hang it on the wall anywhere.You can load it with all the pictures of the family or the places they've been.
Stanley & Barbara
2002 38" Monaco Knight Dp
stan5711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #18
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club

Maybe I'll let the cat out of the bag, but as soon as Papa sees this post he will know who it came from.

To those who have responded, you don't understand when RVdaughter says he has everything, she means EVERYTHING.

Now I'm not totally sure who "RVdaughter" is but I got a pretty good idea and I think he already has received the most precious gift possible. A daughter who understands and loves his father.

That new Entegra will be pretty well freighted down with everything we need on our next trek.

Merry Christmas Rvdaughter, whatever your choice, it will be perfect, just what he always wanted.

(of course you could PM me and I'd give you a hint or two. I know he is reading this.....)
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins powered Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Honda CRV, tow-N-4 Down, U.S. Gear Unified Tow brake, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If he is 62 or older and doesn't have one, and the NPS will allow you to buy it for him, how about a National Park Golden Age Pass?
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:56 AM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If your dad typically boondocks or stays in lower-priced parks, maybe pay for a few nights stay at a deluxe resort somewhere along his next travel route. Even if he does normally stay at higher-end parks, someone else paying for a few nights at one might be appreciated.

I'm sure he already has atlases, but are they up-to-date? Maps, atlases, travel guides, etc. all update annually, and maybe he hasn't updated his for awhile.

Maybe a membership to one or more clubs like Good Sam, Passport America, FMCA, Escapees, etc. Maybe he already has them, but maybe they need to be renewed?

You could get him a prepaid credit card and let him know it's for his next fill up to get him to his next destination.

It doesn't always have to be about something he doesn't already have
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire 4302
pulling a 2013 Ford Edge Limited

Wryly Blithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #21
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1450814025.223166.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	114696how about one of these?
Rbhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Xmas ideas needed

Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:12 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by rvdaughter View Post
Hi Everyone,
I need your help! I need an xmas present idea for my dad who has EVERYTHING. He has so much, that if you are traveling with him you don't worry about forgetting to bring that tool, or extra bottle of antifreeze -- he has it all-- in triplicate.
He's purchasing a new coach this spring which apparently has every unique idea I (and a friend who owns a RV service center) came up with already included. So, what I'm asking is this -- what is the one thing you, yourself, cannot live without? That one great random thing people buy for themselves after they see you with it?
About what they do -- they travel across the country, from National Parks to spending time down in Florida for the winter.

Any help you can give is appreciated!

So rvdaughter, everyone is dying to know what you got dad....
Tom and Karen
2014 Newmar Mountain Aire 4369
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd.
Tomp4801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:41 PM   #24
Xmas ideas

So thank you everyone for all of your ideas; some were practical, some funny, and all were inspiring. As it so happens, the most memorable gift of all was this thread! My dad figured out it was me -- as did his friend (who correctly posted his guess). It made for some great holiday conversations around the Christmas Tree

US RV Guide for Big Rigs offers a great updated directory guide; this gift was well received as my dad asked for it last minute!
Led strip lights for the retractable steps -- this is the only area on the new coach that didn't come prelit
Yeti cups -- I sell them at work and know how great they are. Add a couple other items and that rounded out the gift giving this year.

While he had virtually everything suggested (some I gave over past years) your ideas were the best collection found online. So, thank you and Happy New Year!
rvdaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:30 AM   #25
Nor'easters Club
RVDAUGHTER , your dad knows how much you love him; I hope you know how much he cherishes you and this post! May your parents 16 Entegra Anthem provide you many gift opportunities in the new year!
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
08 Jeep Wrangler,14 Buick Enclave
Bailey our Boston Terrier
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #26
Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for the update...I was wondering what he got!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD, W22, 8.1, 7.1 MPG
2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:06 AM   #27
What! No chia pet for the dash! Imagine how funny that would be if they travel with a pet, hum, new fire hydrant. That was too funny!!! LOL!!!

2004- GS Crescendo -8356
330 cat / 6 speed Allison
2009 - Z71 Silverado Ext cab - Beagle and Shitzu.
jamador1010 is offline   Reply With Quote