Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2012, 08:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Just a note: by law they are not a "warranty" they are a contract that may or may not pay for repairs. There are certain provisions that must be followed, if not they can deny payment. A true warranty can only come from the vehicle manufacturer.
Very true, however warranty is what Xtra Ride calls the plan/contract so that is term I used. I understand they can be very "picky" to pay at times. If I need it, I hope it works. I do feel better having it.
b

buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #16

I have seen many blogs about extended warrenties!!!! My neighbor sells used cars and has two dealerships. He told me that all extended warrenties have a 90% profit and he loves selling them (lots in his pocket) so only 10% goes to the warrenty company. The warrenty is betting that your rig will break and most exclude the most common repairs. I just put the money in the bank in an account just for repairs and add a little every month to pay for services and wanted upgrades.

stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our Current Experience...definitely changing to Xtra Ride

Okay, when you REALLY want to know about extended service contracts, as the people who deal directly with them....the repair shops.

We purchased a 5 year/60,000 extended warranty with Wholesale Warranties. The company they wrote it for was Allegiance. Do NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT accept a policy with this company!! They give the shops SO much hassle it's ridiculous! We have been without power for two days (due to our Automatic Transfer Switch going out). Replacement cost for ATS $254 (more or less). We have a $100 deductible, but Allegiance only will pay $164 and only part of the labor. We have now discovered that we ALSO have a GFI out in the breaker box. Worked out that and STILL no power. Opened up the inverter and burned out wires met us. We have no idea what else is burned out, but most likely the circuit board. That's close to $2000 to replace the Xantrax 2500 inverter. Looks like they'll only give us $800.

Point is, Wholesale Warranties said if we aren't happy with the results, they would mediate for us, but from past experience, that's not happening or if they do, there will be no change.

The repairman is a good guy, knows what he's doing, stayed until we at least had temporary power. BUT, he said "Go with Xtra Ride if you can. I'll give you their info." He said they have protocol to follow, but they do not try to rip you off. If it needs to be replaced, they authorize it and pay for it.

Nuff said...as soon as this is done, we're changing and requesting a cancellation of our policy.
Jim-Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #18

Yep, I agree about XtraRide. Without going onto a long explanation(really bad experience) I cancelled my Good Sam plan and went with XtraRide.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have Xtra ride on my Journey and they have been very easy to work with on the claims and payments to the dealers. there has been no denied claims at all, it has more than paid for it self already and 2 years left still.

when i bought the RV, the dealer wanted almost $4K for it, i shopped around for the same plan and got it for about $1800.
majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #20

As with anyting you need to read and understand the policy and what it covers. None will cover normal wear and tear items. The detail specifically tell you what is covered. You need to negociate a price as there is room to discount. My policy with Wholesale Warranties is with XtraRide and it has been very good for repair places to deal with and very fast in resolution. Wholesale Warranties probably sell several different plans from several providers. Check out each company and get information on the RV blogs before you decide. Also Wholesale Warranties now have many independant agents selling its products. Not all of them may be a good representative. I have dealt with Jeff and when I renew it will be with him or not at all.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You may also want to look at Good Sam Club's extended warranty. It covers anything you can think of.
Rick 2005 Dolphin 5376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
When we first bought our coach I was skeptical about any kind of extended warranty. I think we decided to go with Xtra Ride more for the peace of mind of my wife than anything else. Our experience has been very good so far. We haven't been turned down yet and one service provider even commented on how it was the best extended warranty he had ever dealt with.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have XtraRide and have had to use it three times. Each time they were easy to work with and paid the bills, less deductible. I have about gotten my back more than I paid for the policy. XtraRide has been easy to work with so far and if I need them again I hope it stays that way.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #24

We had a 4 year XtraRide policy when we purchased our coach. It paid for it's self in that time. At one time we had to have the seals on the slide out room replaced. Xtra paid. The repair facility said they had never seen another policy that paid for seals. They covered everything.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The nightmare continues...turns out our ATS wasn't the only thing to go out. Our inverter is now included and NOW Allegiance is denying everything until everything is examined by a third party. I can understand where they're coming from, to a certain extent, but in the meantime, once we are finished with this fiasco, we will cancel our policy, and hopefully get another policy (we may give Jeff a call) and see what we can do to get Xtra Ride. Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences.
Jim-Frances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #26

Update from my 9-12 post. I have now had chance to use XtraRide and was very pleased.

Took MH to Tyler truck center for engine service and check of possible fan going out in cab ac. Also mentioned popping I hear when hard on brakes. Service manager asked if I had an ext warranty so they would know up front. Popping was tie rods and ac ended up needing fan motor, relay, and condenser. Service manager worked with Xride to get most covered under one $500 deductable and had to call Xride a few times to add things as they found them such as condenser after they thought fan was only problem in ac. SM seemed pleased with experience with Xride and I certainly was.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 AM   #27

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Frances View Post
The nightmare continues...turns out our ATS wasn't the only thing to go out. Our inverter is now included and NOW Allegiance is denying everything until everything is examined by a third party. I can understand where they're coming from, to a certain extent, but in the meantime, once we are finished with this fiasco, we will cancel our policy, and hopefully get another policy (we may give Jeff a call) and see what we can do to get Xtra Ride. Thanks, everyone, for sharing your experiences.
I wonder if you had a power surge through the grid? If so then maybe the power company is on the hoof for repairs.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #28

We have the XtraRide Platinum on our MH. They have been great! The platinum covers everything on your coach except maintenance items, even the TV! You also get roadside assistance. By the way, the parent company Protective is a long standing life insurance company. By coincidence, I've had a life policy with them since 1974.