Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #29

expensive but worth it

10 times on return. We have an 05 Monaco EXEC. bought new then waited until 2006 to buy a 7-year warranty (was originally Prizm until Protective took over). In the past 7 years, they have paid over $23,000 without a hitch, problem or squable. (We originally paid $2700). Repair centers love this warranty. Latest repair was both 6-packs in air-leveling system out, plus major Aqua Hot problem, plus water pump, awning moter, sink fauchet, (it alone was a $400 Brizo part); just this bill was over $5000. We have never had a major issue such as an engine or transmission. I have perfect maintanence records but they have never asked to see a single slip. You must learn how to use it. I go in once a year and have everything fixed, just 'get by" or patch until I have a punch list of items. They are the highest bid through Wholesale Warranties and I am going to sign up for another 4 years. Cost $8500 whch is $2500 more than the "cheapest" one. You get what you pay for.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've been shopping for an ESP for several weeks now and not getting any of the prices you are all saying you paid for yours... I have been trying to get an exclusionary policy with consequential damage and seal/gasket coverage.

The best I am getting is about $2600 and that is only 2 years... and yes, I called Wholesale (among many others), who was not among one of the cheapest by any means nor was it the best coverage, and Jeff... was not very personal... nor was David... Brittany was great... but that only got me so far... BTW, I was told the premiums for Xtraride went up so high (as of Jan. 1), they almost don't even offer it anymore... not a good referral IMO... They were over $3,000 for 2 years.

So back to my original point... as I am reading the posts above, I see some of you saying that you paid ridiculously low premiums (like $1800) and still have several years left! Really? I would most certainly buy one of these policies, if I was being quoted $2000 for 3 to5 years... but I am not! I think you guys that have the cheap policies going back a few years, and who already got back 4 to 10 times what you paid in premiums, are making us new guys pay for your claims!

StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #31

Try the Good Sam warranty for a Comparison. I am sure the rates have increased over the past few years as all cost have risen. Just remember if it sounds to good in prioce it is probably a scam.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't want to sound crazy, but if you took the amount of the monthly payment to Xtra Ride or whomever, and just put it into an account by itself, you would soon have the money (cash) to pay for whatever goes wrong with your coach. These companies did not get where they are by losing money on repairs.
Steve
Old 08-07-2015, 05:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Smith View Post
I would be careful of any extended warranty. They usually exclude more than they include. I have Good Sam ESP and like it.
Good Day to you Ranger Smith.... I am going to be a new RV 5th wheel owner, and glad for these Msg Boards... I am looking into the Good Sams ESP... How do you like it??? Have you had to use it and does it help when you are due for your annual service? Does it help pay for just a annual service you need to do to keep up with all of you moving parts and components?? Can you give me a little info on your experience of the warranty plans or ESPs... Thank you.. Mark and Jodi
Old 08-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
I called several RV repair/service centers and asked them who they had the most success with. XtraRide was the clear preference.

So far I have been pleased with their service and willingness to pay for repairs.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #35

Rates for XtraRide have certainly gone up since we purchased ours over 4yrs. ago. When we got ours it was it was only $4200, and it's an unlimited mileage plan which they no longer offer. And it's transferable to a new owner. Which we will be doing to the person who buys ours in the next month or so.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:58 PM   #36

I Have heard a little about the wholesale Warranty? Can anyone please elaborate a little more on this one. Any good and or Bad about this company?? I have looked into GS and Preserve. Some good ones. Also does any of the Warranty company pay for any type of Roof problems or leaks? I have not seen anything that covers Roofs!! What if you have done your Annul checks of your roof and you have some leaks, what will cover the leaks in your roof??
Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Xtra-ride has been super for me

I am more than pleased with XtraRide.

They have paid every claim without question and without a visit to the repair facility. This includes the following:
  • Dash Air
  • Water Pump
  • Various Leveler Repairs including
    • New Jack
    • New Pump
    • New Balancing Valve
  • Slide Repairs

I have already more than paid for the policy.

You might find cheaper policies, but better? I don't know. One thing that sold me when I bought it was they listed what they didn't cover, which made it pretty easy to see what I was buying.

Remember though, this is insurance, and like any insurance you hope you never need it.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:54 AM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
Don't want to sound crazy, but if you took the amount of the monthly payment to Xtra Ride or whomever, and just put it into an account by itself, you would soon have the money (cash) to pay for whatever goes wrong with your coach. These companies did not get where they are by losing money on repairs.
Steve
Couple of major repairs and you're seriously in the hole. Been there, done that and now have a Cornerstone Warranty from Wholesale warranties and it has paid for itself several times.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #39

Things may be changing! As I write I am in service. Extra ride is making this well established service provider in Elkhart Indiana jump through a lot of hoops. This also happened when I had my satellite repaired three months ago. I have had extra ride since 2005 (originally seven years and then a five-year extension in 2012) I have seven repairs needed three of which will be done by subs. They will not give there approval on a single item until every single part and every single estimate and every single parts provider and a ton of detailed information is provided. In a fact I will be here over a week as opposed to two days. this is new, I have never been treated like this in the previous 14 years.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:17 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
I've been shopping for an ESP for several weeks now and not getting any of the prices you are all saying you paid for yours... I have been trying to get an exclusionary policy with consequential damage and seal/gasket coverage.

The best I am getting is about $2600 and that is only 2 years... and yes, I called Wholesale (among many others), who was not among one of the cheapest by any means nor was it the best coverage, and Jeff... was not very personal... nor was David... Brittany was great... but that only got me so far... BTW, I was told the premiums for Xtraride went up so high (as of Jan. 1), they almost don't even offer it anymore... not a good referral IMO... They were over $3,000 for 2 years.

So back to my original point... as I am reading the posts above, I see some of you saying that you paid ridiculously low premiums (like $1800) and still have several years left! Really? I would most certainly buy one of these policies, if I was being quoted $2000 for 3 to5 years... but I am not! I think you guys that have the cheap policies going back a few years, and who already got back 4 to 10 times what you paid in premiums, are making us new guys pay for your claims!
I am now looking to get a Warrant and the bad thing about getting one after the fact of buying an RV and then a year or so down the road looking to buy one does look like it would cost a lot. The thing that is good about getting one WHEN you buy your RV is its Cheaper and You can have it rolled into your payments, so you don't have to come up with 2,000 or 4,000 up front. The ones that are being offered to me is call Preserve. My quote with the Dealer is 1,900 for 6 years. That is an outstanding price. The thing I was looking into also was the Good Sam's ESP and that was High and can make payments as low as 60 a month for 6 years, with 100 deductible and that included the Tire plan too. So the reason for high quotes is probably because you didn't get it with your purchase and you pay higher because you have used it for a little while. Just my Two cents... I am looking into all of them.. XtraRide, Wholesale, Good Sams, Preserve. they all look good, but are expensive...
Old 08-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #41

2nd warranty

I renewed my warranty using Wholesale Warranties for a 2nd 4 years. It saved me money and was easy to use. Call 800 939 2806 and tell them Dave Wyatt referred you. You will save over buying from the Dealer.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #42

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime2005 View Post
Things may be changing! As I write I am in service. Extra ride is making this well established service provider in Elkhart Indiana jump through a lot of hoops. This also happened when I had my satellite repaired three months ago. I have had extra ride since 2005 (originally seven years and then a five-year extension in 2012) I have seven repairs needed three of which will be done by subs. They will not give there approval on a single item until every single part and every single estimate and every single parts provider and a ton of detailed information is provided. In a fact I will be here over a week as opposed to two days. this is new, I have never been treated like this in the previous 14 years.
Do you think they may have had a bad experience with this shop? They have been more than prompt with my shop and never asked to see the parts. These were recent repairs - not from the past.

Just my thoughts.

Don

AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote