Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #43

Don,

It used to be extra ride was expensive "but worth it". I now am convinced that is not so true and it is evident they have had management and or policy changes.

One year ago they were wonderful. They approved each item as we got to it and called in from the shop, same as it had been since 2001.just excellent.

Then three months ago they gave me some hassle on my satellite.

This time they would not approve a single item until all the parts all the numbers and all the estimates on all seven repairs, including the repairs from the subs (new dash air compressor, V pod for the engine, leveling sensor from HWH) all had Time for repair estimates with all parts and parts numbers. Every last bolt and nut in price on all seven Repairs MUST be approved before they will give an" "authorization number". actually it is a total of three weeks now and I still do not have The "proceed" authorization number.

Due to the complexity of the leveling system HWH could not and what not give an estimate until they "tore into it". So their Final written estimate was anywhere between one hour so $75 dollars and a complete new system $6000. So I dropped this one, will pay myself, and then try to go back and collect.

Extra ride also takes all the parts and looks them up themselves to see what the cost might be which took an additional couple of days. They found no problem there. Then they said they were going to send an inspector out and we have been waiting four days for the inspector.

The shop which is a premier shop in Rv capital of the world (Elkhart) has never had a problem with extra ride. They commented my extra ride had been excellent for years but now is making it as difficult as other warranty companies in the industry. This is particularly true if you have multiple repairs. They were told by extra ride the inspector may take up to "48 business hours" to visit. I guess That could mean up to six 8 hour days!

Currently they have held me up for or at least eight of the 10 days (Two weeks in service) with BS and cost my shop guys an additional nine or 10 hours of time and tied up their bay. I am not even sure my shop will continue to accept them, but may go to the "we will call extra ride but you pay us and they pay you format" that format many shops use on the lower level warranties.

I might just be a fluke on me this time? But any reader of this piece should consider whether they wish to pay the extra premium extra ride charges for their service.

I have been had this with homeowners insurance also after a severe storm and here is how I plan to handle extra ride. They will pay what they offer to pay, I will then pay the difference, I will then take them to small claims court which is your right. The contract says you must go to binding arbitration but this is simply "not true",

>
fulltime2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!