Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Community Administrator

xtraride warranty

There was a thread this week re:extended warranties. A few really had great things to say about xtraride http://www.protectiveassetprotection...otor-Homes.pdf . I haven't heard of this company in all of the warranty posts that I have seen. In doing a search, I found a few but I'm curious to hear more about them. I come from the if it's to good to be true school it probably is. I'm not happy with all the negative Good Sam reports out there , so I'm hoping this one may be the real deal. Any comments will be appreciated and pricing if available.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have the same policy. I am going to use it this week on a plumbing issue. I will let you know. PS. It is an issue that Winnebago could not solve.
Voyager35L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #3

Xtraride from Protective is the only extended service contract endorsed by the Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association (RVDA).
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
We got Xtraride when we purchased our 2001 MH back in November. Since not knowing the complete history of the coach we purchased the Platinum coverage which covers pretty much everything. Good thing, the only times we have had to use it were both for hydraulics, the pump when out soon after we brought the coach home, then a jack had to be replace due to a major fluid leak. In both instances there was no problem, we simply gave the shop our card, they had it approved, performed the service and we paid the deductible. Experience good so far.
ehunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We bought the Xtraride Platinum package when we bought our new Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' DP in Oct, 2008. Little did we know that Monoco, ( Parent Company) would go belly up less than six months later, leaving us with an orphan with none of the factory warranty. In the couple of years since, we have had a large side window replaced, plumbing drain issues fixed and a leveling valve replaced, all were covered, less our $100 buck deductable for each visit. That I gladly paid. Dunno if this makes a differance or not, but I had returned to the selling dealer for all the repairs, cuzz I felt they knew more about that coach than another dealer would. There is just one more opinion for you, but I'm sure glad we bought it. So far so good for us! Best of luck with your decision!

Stan & Evelyn Haithcock
Baltimore, MD
2008 H/R Ambassador 40' SKQ DP 4 slides
2004 Chevy Avalanche Toad
Stanhoward1@gmail.com
Stanhoward2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Thank you all for the responses. They seem to be a great co. They quoted me $4600 for 3 years and I think for that amount , I'll self insure.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
One more thought on the warranty issue. With your coach being the same age as ours, with a little luck, yours should have all the "Bugs" out of it by now, so hopefully it will be relatively trouble-free.

In our case, we had upgraded from a 1988 5th wheel that did not have all the "Bells & Whistles" that the MH had, so I was afraid of the possibilities. With Monoco going broke shortly after the purchase, in our case at least, it proved to be a good investment. If I were buying a pre-owned unit, I well might go your route. Congrats on your new toy and best of luck with it.

Stan & Evelyn Haithcock
Baltimore, MD
2008 H/R Ambassador 40' SKQ DP 4 slides
2004 Chevy Avalanche Toad
Stanhoward1@gmail.com
Stanhoward2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #8

Check with Wholesale Warranty .com if you do purchase a warranty it would be best to have one with conseqential coverage and a wear and tear coverage, Check out the Monaco site, search under extended warranty or Good Sams Warranty ,good comments.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
When we bought our RV our dealer "threw in" the Xtraride Platinum warranty. I would NEVER purchase one myself. However, in hind sight, I'm glad he did! Our rig is a 2003 Winnebago Journey DL. Really good condition, however, under the warranty I've replaced the basement AC, a circuit board on one awning and a motor on the other and a valve on the levelers. All for a SINGLE $200 deductible - no questions asked!
lpasekof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Warranty

One thing for sure, as much as I love the so called "RV Lifestyle", from reading other folks posts, you can sure get into some serious money for repairs on these things. Prior to the purchase, I had never given any thought to the possibility that Monoco would go broke, & the after market coverage saved us. I can only imagine what an engine or tranny for one of these things would cost!
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #11

We got a Platinum ExtraRide policy when we bought our coach 18 months ago. We have had a number of things go wrong and they have been very good about paying for much of the work and parts.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote