Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2015, 12:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Yokohama RY103 H Tires....any experience with

I asked my tire service center (Service Tire - Bethlehem, PA) for a recommendation to replace my 275x70x22.5 Goodyear G670's. I indicated I wanted a reliable all position truck tire that was not of the RV variety. He responded with these. The price for a set of 6 is $2750 installed.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is there something better out there other than the usual Goodyear and Michelin RV tires?

Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #2

I have Toyo. They are doing well at the 5 yr mark. Stored inside.

1997 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37', Cat 3126

Old 07-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
..... Is there something better out there other than the usual Goodyear and Michelin RV tires?
Yep. There's Yokohama, Toyo, Hankook, Samson, Sailun, Continental, Firestone and probably more. None of these tires are noted for sidewall cracking like Michelins or "rivering" like Goodyears.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #4

yokohama tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
I asked my tire service center (Service Tire - Bethlehem, PA) for a recommendation to replace my 275x70x22.5 Goodyear G670's. I indicated I wanted a reliable all position truck tire that was not of the RV variety. He responded with these. The price for a set of 6 is $2750 installed.

Does anyone have any experience with these? Is there something better out there other than the usual Goodyear and Michelin RV tires?
Yes, I do, I have two of them, same size as you, on the front of my MH. So far, I am satisfied with them, had them 4 years now. Two years after getting them, I went back to get four for the rear. My tire man said it would take about month, they were selling very well, I couldn't wait, I was leaving for Florida, so I put four Michelin's on, little more money, but satisfied. Myself, I wouldn't think of putting those china tires on just because they are cheaper.

Tags
tires