Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #141

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless View Post
I love you guys that buy new and work out all the bugs for a few years and then guys like me can take them off your hands for half price!

To answer your question, I would spend less then 50,000 and keep the rest for my Wife and I to enjoy the high life with out having to work.....
My kind of guy

LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 PM   #142

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
See once I find the platform I love, i have no issues with all of the work to res fridge, solar, all that stuff. Of course, I always remember that what I have ain't shabby! It's just small stuff that I would change... so silly. But this is the ball game yes?

There is one floorplan of tiffin allegro bus that i truly like a lot, and it's in my reach, and 43'
Floor plan is everything if you want to modify those times you can! Sandee and I went through the whole debate on 40' vs 43' and in the end it is really a balancing act. You are ahead of that game at this point because you have a lot of experience in doing what you want and where you want to be. We were much less experienced but we felt our priorities were what we lived in and not so much about where could be park it. We wanted room for out king bed and dog crates for our guys. We felt we would use the toad to explore cool places that we couldn't get into.

There are times I would appreciate a 40' coach. However, for the majority of time we enjoy our amenities.

To be honest, the thing that is most limiting is battery space. I would like to use either a larger set of batteries than I have or add 2 more but unless I take out the battery tray for added height, I don't see that possible. It isn't like we are powerless but it would be nice to have more reserve for when we boondock. It would also be something that would make sense if we opted for solar power. For the time being I have an AGS that helps us bridge any battery storage needs we find confront us. However, more battery storage means less deep cycle usage.

There are ways we could add batteries but that would mean a long lead from a storage bay and that introduces ventilation issues. After we get our flooring that may be my (hopefully) last upgrade of significant nature. LOL

Old 07-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #143

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
AGREED

ppl is only about 10 minutes from my house.
MHSRV is about 2.5 hours from me.

I've also found some great deals on 43 foot coaches that are perfect in every respect.. except the length. Nervous to go over 40
Sending you a PM
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #144
RVM #74

Tiffin Owners Club
This is way outside of the box, but if you got a big MH, you could think about getting a VW Eurovan camper and use that as a toad. Then you could leave the big boy inside the main entrance as a base and park the Eurovan back in the woods.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thinking.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
This is way outside of the box, but if you got a big MH, you could think about getting a VW Eurovan camper and use that as a toad. Then you could leave the big boy inside the main entrance as a base and park the Eurovan back in the woods.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thinking.
Ha! That's smart man!!
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #146

Quote:
I see your point.

I've been a few places where that 40' felt like a squeeze.

The national park in Austin, there is no way I could have fit anything larger.

And Stone mountain in Atlanta felt sooo small driving on those tiny roads, but we did it

40 or 43....3 feet aint all that much.
We seem to fit in okay, but dont do too many state parks.
We stay in good parks here in PA for 400-500/month.
In AZ, lots of big spots in state parks but is $25/nite, $350 for 2 weeks max stay; $700/ month if you could stay that lomg! We stay at resorts for ~ $450-600 + elect.

Got my PA non-commercial Class B license by studying the CDL book. Learned a lot about everything, including how to maneuver a whole lot better; and I thought I had it mastered before that. Nope!

Best wishes you young pups! 😉👴

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
40 or 43....3 feet aint all that much.
We seem to fit in okay, but dont do too many state parks.
We stay in good parks here in PA for 400-500/month.
In AZ, lots of big spots in state parks but is $25/nite, $350 for 2 weeks max stay; $700/ month if you could stay that lomg! We stay at resorts for ~ $450-600 + elect.

Got my PA non-commercial Class B license by studying the CDL book. Learned a lot about everything, including how to maneuver a whole lot better; and I thought I had it mastered before that. Nope!

Best wishes you young pups! 😉👴
Cool! Congrats buddy. Not to hijack my own post, but any news on Son?
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 07-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #148

Quote:
Cool! Congrats buddy. Not to hijack my own post, but any news on Son?

Ha! SOFEGC decision is on hold waiting for Steve to finish all of his tests, and I hope for more locations from RVMs for him to compile. 😉

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #149

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ha! SOFEGC decision is on hold waiting for Steve to finish all of his tests, and I hope for more locations from RVMs for him to compile. 😉
My tests are going well - the big test is will we get on the road full time Nov 1st as planned? So much to do. So little time.

Good luck in the hunt kids. If anyone can figure this out you can. And if not - put some lipstick on current coach and roll on down the road.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:30 PM   #150

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
My tests are going well - the big test is will we get on the road full time Nov 1st as planned? So much to do. So little time.

Good luck in the hunt kids. If anyone can figure this out you can. And if not - put some lipstick on current coach and roll on down the road.

'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
Old 07-26-2014, 04:30 AM   #151

Have to say I like the entegra coach line too. Reading other posts folks seem to feel they are well insulated which makes for a quiet and comfortable coach. Someday....

Tags
slide