Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #225
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
For me, on my last big trip, the difference between 55mph(through the mountains) and 70mph(with a head wind on flat terrain) worked out to about 2 miles per gallon.

I also don't really care about mileage. It's interesting to know and makes me want to strive for the better mileage, but it's not what I bought a big coach for in the grand scheme.
Comfort costs money.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
For me, on my last big trip, the difference between 55mph(through the mountains) and 70mph(with a head wind on flat terrain) worked out to about 2 miles per gallon.

I also don't really care about mileage. It's interesting to know and makes me want to strive for the better mileage, but it's not what I bought a big coach for in the grand scheme.
Comfort costs money.
Your exactly right. We can't drive our homes down the road and worry about fuel consumption. I get great mileage while in traffic,,,, slow,, no speed,, and my MPG builds,,, as soon as the I can get on the pedal again there goes the MPG. I really don't care about MPG either but I really like to see my "miles to empty" after putting 200 gallons of fuel in to be higher than lower,,, LOL,,, . I have worked with my unit to get a solid 8mpg over the 6mpg I was getting when I started. Sure is nice to see 1600 miles to empty than 1200 miles to empty after I fill up. 400 miles of extra travel for the time and money I spent is well worth it.

joe

Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #227

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-1 View Post
You all are getting some great mileage or my math and pocket book it wrong about 6.0-6.5 is what i am getting 500 Cummins 45 ft coach which may be the diff some didnt say size of coach and engine

Good Sir:
I have a 45 ft'er with a 515hp Detroit Diesel in it. It weighs 44,000 and I get 8.3. I do drive 55-60 on cruise control most of the time, but....

thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel