Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #57

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
.... Why didn't they make room for RV's? That's their business...

If I take pictures of the FMCA Round Bottom Rd. Campground shall I include their neighbors, the Brewer Cote asphalt plant or the Sardina Cement plant? Round Bottom Rd. has hundreds of trucks on it each day, very picturesque campsite!
Oh, please. The headquarters building is a business office. There is no function or reason that anyone would want or need to bring a motorhome there.

Point 2: Instead of denigrating, why don't you go stay there for a few days, as I and hundreds of others have done. Its not a State Park Campground, but nor is it claimed to be. It is a convenient, available, and comfortable RV Park. We stayed there for 5 days last fall, and never were bothered by commercial traffic- never noticed it, in fact. We knew Round Bottom Rd was predominantly commercial, but never knew, or learned, that there were a cement or asphalt plant next door. No sound, no odor. I'm not sure your points have any basis.

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #58

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
No, Mr Flinn, it does not. It says 'Not motorhome accessible'... very big difference, unless perhaps you're not a native English speaker, in which case I apologize.
Years ago, when I first noticed the office building there, it did say 'NO RVs.' When I took the photo yesterday I saw a different sign. I'm glad you are so loyal as to attack me for just stating a few observations. Gives me more reasons for not wanting to be a member.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #59
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Come on guys, play nice. We've got a reputation to uphold here!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #60

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Do they have mediation service?

I'm only a year into 5 year membership. Have no past experience - probably won't do a rally - but information is power. And - I really like the annual end of year edition - listing members in areas willing to help or put ya up if your broke down in their town etc. Print media and memberships have a hard road to hoe. They are also doing a good job with emails and links to online - etc. It's not like it cost a $100 a year. Worth it to me so far. YMMV
Steve
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #61

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Come on guys, play nice. We've got a reputation to uphold here!
No problems Joe, I really don't have an opinion of the organization, I do however feel that they need to think about how they present themselves to the public. I've been to parties near their location and others have brought up and laughed at the irony of a family motor home assoc. being inaccessible if you visit home office in a motor home. Years ago I helped a university develop it's handicap access. In one dorm they put in a bathtub with a lift in that had a door too narrow for a wheelchair to enter. Irony defined. In addition, an RV camping organization, I think, would want to develop a state of the art RV friendly campground with pull through sites, trees,secure, quiet, etc. This is the FMCA location in an industrial park:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FMCA Campground.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	229.0 KB
ID:	41814  

Bob & Donna
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #62

Quote:
In addition, an RV camping organization, I think, would want to develop a state of the art RV friendly campground with pull through sites, trees,secure, quiet, etc.
BFlinn181

FMCA is NOT "an RV camping organization".

FMCA is far more "elitist" and "discriminatory" than you apparently know.

ALL RV's are not welcome!
Owner's of RVs other than "motor homes" CAN NOT be members, (even if they want to waste their $$).
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 07-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #63

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
That's the only reason I joined was for the discount on Michelin tires. I ended up buying a set of Toyo's for less than the FMCA discounted price on Michelin's.

Sammie
Could not find anyone local in the national Account program. I joined FMCA before I knew no one local was in program.

I just put 2 Toyo's on the steer axle.
LakeKerrGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #64

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeKerrGuy View Post
Could not find anyone local in the national Account program. I joined FMCA before I knew no one local was in program.

I just put 2 Toyo's on the steer axle.
I was not a member when I went to the FMCA website looking for information on the tire program. I was able to use the website to locate a dealer, and even call the FMCA customer support person to get more information about the program and get a price quote on the exact tire I was looking at. It wasn't until I knew the price, the dealer, and the appointment time that I actually joined FMCA.
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #65
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
No problems Joe, I really don't have an opinion of the organization, I do however feel that they need to think about how they present themselves to the public. I've been to parties near their location and others have brought up and laughed at the irony of a family motor home assoc. being inaccessible if you visit home office in a motor home. Years ago I helped a university develop it's handicap access. In one dorm they put in a bathtub with a lift in that had a door too narrow for a wheelchair to enter. Irony defined. In addition, an RV camping organization, I think, would want to develop a state of the art RV friendly campground with pull through sites, trees,secure, quiet, etc. This is the FMCA location in an industrial park:
Thanks for the pics Bob! That does look kind of tight! I guess maybe their budget won't allow them to have a larger location suitable to MH's!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #66

Gulf Streamers Club
Here's today's news about FMCA and their allowing full timers use FMCA as a home address: http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...80040&gcheck=1

Bob & Donna
Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #67

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks for the pics Bob! That does look kind of tight! I guess maybe their budget won't allow them to have a larger location suitable to MH's!
Tight! Are you kidding me? I have been there and will say that if you can't get your coach in one of those spots, you need to hang up the keys.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #68

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
Tight! Are you kidding me? I have been there and will say that if you can't get your coach in one of those spots, you need to hang up the keys.
I agree with you, Don. I've been there as well, and found no problems at all. This is not intended to be a destination RV park, but merely a convenient short-term stopping point for members who may have business with the Assn, or in the area, or relatives nearby. They had the space in back of their building, so they put in a dozen or 14 spots, and did a damn fine job of it. They're wide, long enough, quiet, good utilities, dead-nuts level, and easy in and out. All in all I'd say a pretty nice benefit. I'm not quite sure why or how anyone could complain about the place if they've never stayed there.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #69

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It seems to me, and this might be just in Florida, they took the F out of the organization. I have heard that from many younger R/Vers. Seems like it has become an old farts club, of which I am one, however I cannot see any advantage to joining them.

Fair Winds
Dave
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #70

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn_Dave View Post
It seems to me, and this might be just in Florida, they took the F out of the organization..........
Take a look at Fla. Nothing but the gin and tonic generation.