Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #85
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNeophytes2 View Post
FMCA forum is smaller but friendly. All my technical blogging is conducted there.

The tire discount alone is worth the price of admission. For me, it is nearly $200 per tire.

I agree on the $$ savings per tire feature. You might consider going a little smaller size the next time and save some more bucks. Isn't this is a pic of your rig at the recent July 4th rally in Thackerville?
Attached Images

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Joe....For us it's kind of like Good Sam. Do we really have to have it.....no. We stay members of both for the occasional discount and the magazines. The Good Sam magazine is pretty thin, but FMCA puts out a nice magazine. We also will attend an occasional FMCA rally which are usually pretty nice.

If I really had to watch my pennies, I would probably pass, but otherwise we get some value out of the membership.
X2 DiplomatDon..

I love the rally's... you don't have to be a member the discount isn't that much.
But do enjoy the magazine.

Ck out the Western Regional Rally in Indio in Jan. it's just a wk before the
Big Tent RV Show in Quartzsite.. Do them both every year. The Rally is great
seminars, vendors, this years' entertainment was lacking but in the past it's
been great.

'97 Allegro Bay 35' Chevy, '98 Saturn Wagon, Blue Ox Aventa II, Patriot Brake
rvgrammady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #87

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvgrammady View Post
X2 DiplomatDon..

I love the rally's... you don't have to be a member the discount isn't that much.
But do enjoy the magazine.

Ck out the Western Regional Rally in Indio in Jan. it's just a wk before the
Big Tent RV Show in Quartzsite.. Do them both every year. The Rally is great
seminars, vendors, this years' entertainment was lacking but in the past it's
been great.
We've been to two FMCA RAllies, but not as members. We were "Fleetwood Ambassadors" - we volunteered to work for 4 hours in the Fleetwood exhibit and in exchange Fleetwood paid for our rally fees, gave us nice embroidered polo shirts, and straw hats. We wore "Exhibitor" badges and got to go to some great parties!

This January we will be at our first Rally as FMCA members - we've already sent in our application for the Western Rally! Can't wait to see it from the members' side rather than the exhibitors' side!
Good Sam Member #566004 * FMCA Member #F431612
Alan_Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #88

Just re-upped for another year of FMCA membership. Also just signed up for the Octoberfest rally put on by the California chapter of FMCA. We enjoy the magazine, the camaraderie, and will attend a rally now and then. It's all good!

Roy
HighwayRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:53 PM   #89

Tiffin Owners Club
If you sign up and choose the five year plan you'll pay for four years and get the fifth year for free.

If you're still alive five years from now it's a great deal, if you're not....then who cares?
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #90

Monaco Owners Club
We've been members for 8 years. Original reason for joining was to find a local chapter and meet folks. Did that and still a member of Capitol Chapter. We're celebrating our 45th anniversary next year. FMCA regional rallies are fun but you see a lot of the same thing year-to-year . . . that said we're going to one in York, PA this October. Everyone's right about the magazine; good reading while in the library resting!!!
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #91

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had reservations about renewing our membership last year but decided to and also to attend the Gillette rally, give it one more try. We are very glad we did. As Canadians, we have very few benefits with joining FMCA, insurance, Michelin, mail forwarding etc don't work for us. This was our second rally, the other was a Mid-West last year, which really was was a flop. This years was good, aside from the tagging, rain, muck and the horizontal hail. The thing that will keep us coming back is the people we meet. From both rallys we have gained good friends, and for that alone it is worth the cost of membership. We also bought steering tires on the way back through the program and saved about 175 each. BTW Freightliner was exceptional at the rally.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We've been members since 1986 and you can consider us a fan. It's my favorite magazine and now you can get it on-line if you prefer. After all these years we finally became members of the FMCA FullTimers and only had the pleasure of attending two rallies so far and looking forward to more in the future. The magazine is worth the money alone, all the rest is "frosting-on-the-cake".

Ralph A is offline   Reply With Quote