Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 12:44 AM   #1

Your PERSONAL experience with North Trail RV Ft. Myers

Extremely closing to buying a Class A from the Ft. Myers, FL location of North Trail RV.

Is there anyone on this forum with PERSONAL experience of buying a motor home from them?

They ask for a $5k deposit to hold it until I fly out (from San Diego) an verify it is everything as promised.

Your PERSONAL experience thoughts?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 05:07 AM   #2

No personal experience with them, but I think a "refundable" $5K deposit is pretty standard. I paid that on my MH even though I bought it in person. The word refundable is key. I put it on a credit card so I had recourse if there was a problem.

Old 09-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #3

We were there in March of this year. Salesman carried us out to the far end of the lot and showed us a Ventana. His phone rang and he said he had to go because another customer was up at the office. We hiked back after waiting for about 10 minutes for him.

When we got back to the parking lot in mid 80's temps he came out of the office and wanted to know where we were going. I didn't even answer him and we left. You will see how big the lot is and will probably get an appreciation for this story when you get there. I don't know if we got a bad salesman or if the policy of North Trail is no checkbook out leave them on their own to hike back.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #4

I could never get a straight answer from our salesman , so I went elsewhere and purchased a new coach.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:25 AM   #5

We bought our coach from them in August of 2014. They wanted a 5K deposit, but I told them I wouldn't do a non-refundable. We worked it out, that We would have the right of first refusal. I told them I could not and would not commit to buy a coach I had not seen in person. Flew down, bought it, and drove home.
BPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:50 PM   #6

Friends of ours had a bad experience with them. High pressure sales tactics. Had to get a lawyer involved to get their deposit refunded.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I had none of the above experience. My dealings with NorthTrail were professional and straight forward. The salesman was very nice and took tons of time with my wife and myself. We went back three different times before throwing the switch. He spent all his time with us every time we were there. And, yes, after we decided on a coach, they did work very hard to close the sale (some might call it high pressure) but that's their job. I'm sure the OP's experience with their salesperson occurred, but blame the player, not the team. Oh, I am in no way affiliated with NorthTrail and I was there in February 2015 at the height of their busy season .
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:31 PM   #8

We, also, had a good sales experience with North Trail in Feb of 2015. Our story sounds much like RVRon's. Very straight forward, no pressure, and a lot of time spent with our sales woman. The business/financial office was also top-notch. They took care of all the details that an out-of-state buyer encounters. Next, when we picked up the coach, we spent 1 long day with several technicians going over EVERYTHING. Almost, everything we had asked to be done/repaired was & a few other details were taken care of during that pick-up day. One repair was finished at the park we were staying at. All that service for a used coach...That says quite a bit.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
The business/financial office was also top-notch. They took care of all the details that an out-of-state buyer encounters. Next, when we picked up the coach, we spent 1 long day with several technicians going over EVERYTHING. Almost, everything we had asked to be done/repaired was & a few other details were taken care of during that pick-up day......................That says quite a bit.
Also my experience. X2.
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #10

We bought our used Dutch Star there 18 months ago, and had a great experience. The salesman even talked us out of a more expensive coach into the Dutch Star, because he thought it would fit our fulltime needs better. He was so right. If we didn't love this Rv so much, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them for another.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not familiar with this dealer, but since your in San Diego, I would recommend my Newmar Dealer: Tom Lindstrom RV in Moorpark, CA near LA. Great dealer, with a large selection. http://www.tomlindstromrv.com I am so satisfied with every aspect of my purchase and experience with Tom. I am sharing this info with all interested in RV purchasing. Plus, it's a heck of a lot closer and you'll save on airfare.. My $0.02. Happy hunting
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #12

Bought from them in 2013. No problems whatsoever. If we buy another motor home, we will certainly give them a shot.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:22 PM   #13

first don't give them a deposit, as unless its in writing they will not refund your money,

second, if you do do it on a Chase Bank credit card. Chase will get your money back, while your on the phone,

goodluck

Sent from my iPad using iRV2

jeff
Old 10-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #14

Not sure if you're still looking for feedback on North Trail RV, but we just got home a week ago from picking up a used 2014 from them. Our experience was very good. We live in Texas and had the same concerns about buying online without actually seeing the coach. We put a $2500 refundable deposit with the right of refusal based on our inspection. There were a few minor cosmetic issues that they took care of even though it was a used As Is unit. We worked with Steve Rowing to make our deal.
We flew Southwest Airlines to Tampa and rented a car for the two hour drive. Saved lots of $$ doing it that way. Car rental was through Enterprise and they didn't charge a one way fee if you return it to the Ft. Myers airport.

Good Luck.