Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Agree. Very low end, on par with THOR cheap products.

Ouch, cutting deep.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'll give you my thoughts on both of these coaches as we looked at them heavily.

- I didn't want the allison 2500, as I have concerns about towing up the hills.
- the cumming 6.7 is ok, you can get more power by tuning but then run into the allison 2500 limits which can't be overcome.
- I preferred the interior of the coachmen as it just fit my style more.
- we wanted bunks so the coachmen had a larger shower and bath and a half compared to the pace arrow lxe.

Ultimately we got a great deal on a fleetwood discovery 40G and ended up going with that which met most of my requirements we got almost 40% off so it was a great deal IMHO.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #17

FYI, Not comparing apples to oranges here, but I have a 2007 Coachmen Pathfinder. We've had this coach 4 years now. It is of a much higher quality than Thor. We've had the typical issues with dragging your house down the road but nothing major. Mind is on the Freightliner XC chassis with a 300 Cummins. I've put around 38,000 miles on the coach so far. I'd buy another.

The only thing I feel they are missing and I'm not sure they've corrected this but the tanks are not heated in the basement, so it's not suitable for cold-weather use.

I love the floorplan of the 404RB and it's on my short list.
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #18

Forgot to address the recall. Its NHTSA #16V-208. Dealt with issues with the sway bar brackets not fitting properly. When I took it in for the work I was told some only need different brackets and others the whole kit. Mine was the whole kit, 3 weeks sitting waiting for parts. Had the work done by the local Frieghtliner shop. Not sure if this is the change you were referring to.

Don & Myong
Old 09-19-2016, 04:52 PM   #19

That is interesting about your issue with the 404rb camera. We also have the same coach (2016) from MHS with no audio. And, we can only access the backup camera while driving. It doesn't have the security feature noted in the owners video. We also do not have the Sirius radio due to lack of a $70 component that was never installed. This would have been nice to have on long trips. We have a master bedroom slide issue as well. Possibly a motor issue. We need to schedule an appointment with a service center. We had a light bar issue on the console gauges but this was replaced thru Freightliner free to us. Also, even though the video features the patented sewer system, our coach does not have this. Despite all of this, we LOVE it. We have no complaints and are thrilled we have such an awesome motorhome. It's not a Tiffin (LOL) but we can't afford one! For the money and being a new coach, we are very satisfied.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #20

Hi Sunshine, I would guess you have the same incorrect system that was in mine. the replacement unit is a JVC 9000 it allows me to select which camera at will. The audio really isn't very good, I don't want the wife that close as I'm backing so I'm sticking with the walkie talkies to communicate. I also missed the sewer tube set up and called Coachman about it while at the dealership. They told me that they stopped putting it on because many owners complained that it was getting knocked off. Enjoy

Don & Myong
Old 09-21-2016, 06:43 AM   #21

Thanks for the information. We can see why they're not installing the sewer attachment now. That makes sense. We don't mind about it anyway. My husband likes the normal system that we have. Thanks for the information about the camera. We also cannot access Sirius radio which would be really nice too. I will contact coachman this week. Hopefully we can get the radio replaced and our slide fixed at the same time when we bring it in. Having the multiple cameras would be really nice. And yes we were thinking about walkie-talkies because I'm a terrible navigator for him when I'm outside the coach trying to direct him back! He ends up directing himself most of the time because I'm out of his mirror line of sight ha ha. We are so glad that all your issues are being resolved and you will be able to enjoy your coach soon. Just a word of advice for anyone buying any new coach, make sure you have all the paperwork for the components in the coach. We were missing Lippert and grey/black information. I needed to make several calls to find out what kind of slides we have. By the way, are your holding tanks heated? Thanks again!
Old 09-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #22

I found after posting this thread that the Cross Country and Pace Arrow are really not a reasonable comparison. A better one may have been the Cross Country and a coach from the same family the Berkshire.

Out of curiosity, I've been told by Berkshire 38A owners that they have gotten 10 - 11 MPG. What about you Cross Country 404 folks, what have you found? The 404 is a little over 2 feet longer and a 1000 pounds heavier but one never knows?

I've heard the Cross Country is up for some good mid year upgrades, anyone know what the changes are?
Old 09-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #23

I don't think they are heated, at least I have no way of turning on any heat if they are. Good luck with your repairs.

I've been getting between 8.7 and 9.1 while pulling the toad.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:12 AM   #24

I contacted Coachmen. I was informed that the camera/GPS/radio system we have is standard (VX7020) and supposed to be in our coach. This does not include audio or the "security" system when the coach is turned off. The video on this coach also showed heated holding tanks. I was also advised that the tanks get heated through the heat ducts when the furnace is on. It is not a separate system. This news would not have stopped us from buying it though. FYI: we get 10 MPG with a tow car.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:16 AM   #25

The changes consist of wall mounted computer control key pads and an I-Pad like system for the GPS/radio system.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:24 AM   #26

Well it might be all the hills I have to get thru to get anywhere, or maybe a heavy foot . Good luck and have fun!

Don & Myong
Old 09-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #27

Who knows. I am glad you are getting the results you need. It's a lot of money for a coach and it should be in good working order as a new product. If not, it should be remedied quickly. Best to you. Happy trails!!!!
Old 09-24-2016, 11:46 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Agree. Very low end, on par with THOR cheap products.
Just curious what your personal experience is with these manufacturers?

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fleetwood, pace arrow, coachmen