Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hydrogen Peroxide will kill germs when used right out of the bottle. Just spray on and wipe off (if needed, like counter tops).

Nicer on the skin and nose than bleach or clorine.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post
Hydrogen Peroxide will kill germs when used right out of the bottle. Just spray on and wipe off (if needed, like counter tops).

Nicer on the skin and nose than bleach or clorine.
I like it and I'm changing...

Thanks

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO

I assume you're only talking about holding tank maintenance and not an application of bleach to disinfect fresh water hook ups?

Rick
Yes. It's a high powered, high concentrated form of non-pathogenic bacteria. In water with any organic material, it will turn it to liquid over night. Using it will disolve any TP and any kind of organic material you can think of in either the grey or black tank.

This keeps the tank sensors clean so your tank level indicators are ways spot on. When you dump, no smell and NO solids. This is all guarenteed.

I used it on my dog when he got into a skunk this summer. After a few minutes of soaking him then a rinse, smell was totally gone. Of course safe for humans, pets, plants and the enviroment.

At 2 ounces for 40 gals and about 50 cents a tank, I am totally sold!

I have one more tip while I'm here. When your DW asks you to take out her case full of make-up and assorted beauty supplies before your next trip, I would strongly advise you don't forget!! That's all I got.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon69 View Post
When your DW asks you to take out her case full of make-up and assorted beauty supplies before your next trip, I would strongly advise you don't forget!! That's all I got.
I'm betting you meant take it out TO the moho rather than take it out OF the moho.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX

I'm betting you meant take it out TO the moho rather than take it out OF the moho.
I thought that's what I said, but yep. Not a pleasant turn of events!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #20

I can not imagine why anyone would ever close a grey water valve. I mean cmon... this is for the most part sterilized water innundated with detergents and hot water. And now to the black tank. That tank is loaded with the perfect mix of water, chemicals and organic material. I mean, think about it, you have no problem dumping hundreds of pounds of manure on your yard and flowerbeds. Simply unhook your sewer hose, if you ever hooked it up in the first place, and drive to the nearest interstate rest stop where thousands of trucks have already dumped thousands of pounds of [moderator edit]. In fact, we never close our blank tank valve or gray valve. Spraying a single load of pee or doo-do on an interstate is NOT environmentally unfriendly. C'mon dudes...the whole process is ultimate recycling. What goes in your body has to come out. Let the animals do the next step.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki
I can not imagine why anyone would ever close a grey water valve. I mean cmon... this is for the most part sterilized water innundated with detergents and hot water. And now to the black tank. That tank is loaded with the perfect mix of water, chemicals and organic material. I mean, think about it, you have no problem dumping hundreds of pounds of manure on your yard and flowerbeds. Simply unhook your sewer hose, if you ever hooked it up in the first place, and drive to the nearest interstate rest stop where thousands of trucks have already dumped thousands of pounds of [moderator edit]. In fact, we never close our blank tank valve or gray valve. Spraying a single load of pee or doo-do on an interstate is NOT environmentally unfriendly. C'mon dudes...the whole process is ultimate recycling. What goes in your body has to come out. Let the animals do the next step.
Remind me not to camp next to you
Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
or drive next to him on the interstate
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by buki View Post
You can't be serious, right?

Don
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #24

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye

You can't be serious, right?

Don
Scary isn't it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Not sure the EPA would agree with you.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #26

Quote:

Wow. The strength of some memories. I have ridden bikes my entire life and I still remember the image of that dripping dangling cap as that camper went by me many, many years ago. He had a similar attitude to yours. I am sure that he has a strong memory of that day as well. You might not care about what you are doing, but someday you might cross paths with someone who does. "Do unto others..........".
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Points well taken Mr_D. Rather than the word "chemical" I should have used the term "commercial holding tank chemicals".

As for the bleach mixture... is the stuff in my bottle impotent 24 hours after I mix it?

Thanks

Rick
No it's fine since it is in a bottle with a sprayer or lid sealing it from the air.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Wow! Raw sewage is not something that should be dumped anywhere but in a designated sewage dump station. Gray water while not as bad as black still contains bacteria and should also be dumped in the appropriate manner. Seriously, I hope you were just trying to be funny.

Shelle