Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #99

• My ignition key is put on the antenna crank when the antenna goes up. Now that I have a Direct TV dish I rarely use the antenna, but when I do the key goes on.
  • Never bring in slides until everything inside is packed away. I always forget to put something away so that is my new rule.
  • Pack bays in the order things are to come out. Rug on top, then chairs, etc.
  • Use ice in dishpan to speed up refrigerator chilling.
  • Most important: do a final walk around before driving off, check cords, hoses, slides, bays and awnings.

lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #100

I have never broke camp without doing a walk-around, never.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #101

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by buki
I can not imagine why anyone would ever close a grey water valve. I mean cmon... this is for the most part sterilized water innundated with detergents and hot water. And now to the black tank. That tank is loaded with the perfect mix of water, chemicals and organic material. I mean, think about it, you have no problem dumping hundreds of pounds of manure on your yard and flowerbeds. Simply unhook your sewer hose, if you ever hooked it up in the first place, and drive to the nearest interstate rest stop where thousands of trucks have already dumped thousands of pounds of [moderator edit]. In fact, we never close our blank tank valve or gray valve. Spraying a single load of pee or doo-do on an interstate is NOT environmentally unfriendly. C'mon dudes...the whole process is ultimate recycling. What goes in your body has to come out. Let the animals do the next step.
Dang Buki, you'd do that to just anybody behind you?
I'm a little more discrimative than that.
Does anyone know a place that sells a remote controlled black tank opener that can be operated from the drivers seat? That would be great for tailgaters, road ragers, horn bonkers, etc
Someone needs to step up to the plate and invent this
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
I have never broke camp without doing a walk-around, never.
Some people must not with all the things posted. My 90 year old Mom went with me to Stone Mt and with all the frustration of her just wanting to go home I drove a few feet with my awning still out. Saw neighbors jumping up and down to get my attention. Now the walk around, look up, look down is a must no matter the hurry or weather.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #103

Quote:
I still can't picture what you are building.
Dunner, I have done this same thing. Think of it like this: if you wanted to get your sandrail down off your roof (don't ask how it got there!?!) you might decide that it would go smoother to ramp it down gently, rather than just drive it directly off. So, off to Home Depot you go and get some 10' 2x10s. The first set you put from the ground to your block wall, the second set rests on the top of the first and up to your roof line. Drive gently and the sandrail will drive another day. Now, imagine this scenario with your dump tanks: a gentle slope to minimize any clogging.

I did it by cutting a thin 4" pvc pipe (the kind with the holes in it, used for draining runoff water). The first cut was in half (from 10' to two 5' pieces) then half again longwise (to form four 5' lengths that are U shaped). I use pieces of my old sewer support (accordion style tha broke, prompting this idea) to hold up the lengths where they meet.

I use this "gutter" to then support my sewer hose. I can have any length I need, from 5' to about 19' of support. Very nifty way to keep the stinky-slinky off the ground.

Quote:
You only have an hour to edit or delete a post.
I had to read this twice. At first I thought you were being rude. Then I realized you were just being factual. Guess I should stop reading the threads that have negative comments in them.
DrivinMyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #104

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
nNot quite the same but I have seen two different people pull up to the dump station and just open the valves without using a slinkey.
One used his feet to direct the flow.
WHAT????? I don't know what I would do if in fact I actually saw someone doing something like that.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen View Post
Some people must not with all the things posted. My 90 year old Mom went with me to Stone Mt and with all the frustration of her just wanting to go home I drove a few feet with my awning still out. Saw neighbors jumping up and down to get my attention. Now the walk around, look up, look down is a must no matter the hurry or weather.

When I read Mom, I thought..... Mom almost got left behind.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMyHome View Post
Think of it like this.

I did it by cutting a thin 4" pvc pipe (the kind with the holes in it, used for draining runoff water). The first cut was in half (from 10' to two 5' pieces) then half again longwise (to form four 5' lengths that are U shaped). I use pieces of my old sewer support (accordion style that broke, prompting this idea) to hold up the lengths where they meet.

I use this "gutter" to then support my sewer hose. I can have any length I need, from 5' to about 19' of support. Very nifty way to keep the stinky-slinky off the ground.

I got it now.

I have been using one of these for 12+ years. If your's was exactly like this, they have a lifetime warranty.

Camco 40351 RV Aluminum Folding Sewer Hose Support
Old 05-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #107

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan

Not entirely accurate. Bleach will loose it's efficacy over a period of time, whether bottled or not. Whether it's 24 hours or not depends on exposure to elements like oxygen and sunlight. I sell chemicals amongst other things for a living and many of my customers are childcare facilities. I have worked closely with my county health department. They require day care facilties to change the bleach/water mixture daily that is used for sanitizing changing tables and other areas because it does loose it's effectiveness.
Ewww.....
I .dont like kids anyway, anything designed to neutralize thier dropping are way too miuch information
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #108

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner

How much of a slope? Mine's at 5 and the fridge works fine. I don't think fridges are as sensitive to being level as people make them out to be. If mama's happy, it's level.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall anyone posting that they had to re-level to get their fridge to work.
Don't know the exact slope in my driveway, but moho #1's fridge died 2 weeks after i bought her.....

I always level now.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #109

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen

When we were in the smokies in the apring, i drive 3 miles with my door awning out....

Then spent 10 minutes stopped til i figured out that awning ain't gonna retract with the big diesel running....
Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #110

your walk around PRIOR to leaving ANYTIME in your vehicle should include a light check and a toad/trailer light check along with a trailer ball connector check. Safety first!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #111

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlyon69 View Post
Yes. It's a high powered, high concentrated form of non-pathogenic bacteria. In water with any organic material, it will turn it to liquid over night. Using it will disolve any TP and any kind of organic material you can think of in either the grey or black tank.

This keeps the tank sensors clean so your tank level indicators are ways spot on. When you dump, no smell and NO solids. This is all guarenteed.

I used it on my dog when he got into a skunk this summer. After a few minutes of soaking him then a rinse, smell was totally gone. Of course safe for humans, pets, plants and the enviroment.

At 2 ounces for 40 gals and about 50 cents a tank, I am totally sold!

I have one more tip while I'm here. When your DW asks you to take out her case full of make-up and assorted beauty supplies before your next trip, I would strongly advise you don't forget!! That's all I got.

Which product were you speaking of?

Also, as to forgetting to take out the wives items; we try to outfit
the coach with EVERYTHING. Shavers, vitamins etc.
Less to forget.

(everything 'cept the dogs!)
Old 07-10-2013, 06:31 AM   #112

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
Ewww.....
I .dont like kids anyway, anything designed to neutralize thier dropping are way too miuch information
To much info? Really!? I made no mention of neutralizing anything. You did. I only made mention of sanitizing.

Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote