Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #29
Getting an RV was my wife's idea. Getting the class A was mine. She was all about a travel trailer, but didn't want to give up her Durango. After a few days of looking at all the travel trailers we could tow and still being disappointing, I convinced her to look at some class A units.

Scatterbrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 08:39 PM   #30
Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Does it count if we are not married? If so, it was her Idea to get a MH, She felt it would be better for me then trying to set up a TT camper. She was correct!

1996 Damon DayBreak 2500 454 P37 Chassis
NRA Benefactor, NRA & OSBI Certified firearms instructor, Retired Electrical Engineering Tech
Lifemember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #31
Originally Posted by pepper2 View Post
i didn't, it was her idea.

Dan & Loretta, US Army Retired Aero Scout Pilot
2012 Fleetwood Providence 42P Class A/DP
Spartan Chassis, 8.9L Cummins 450HP
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:19 PM   #32
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm allowed to take credit for any decision that turns out to have been a bad idea, but so far we're both loving our time in our 35' DP, so it was officially her idea.

Funny how many of us have arrived at such similar points in life, however. Kids and grandkids spread over different states in three corners of the country drove us to retirement and the RV purchase in order to have quality time with all of them. Our closest friends are still trying to figure out what happened to Margaret...certain there's a pod somewhere around her this alien hatched from, 'cause camping (even glamping) isn't something any of them can imagine her agreeing to. But she had strong opinions about what she wanted in an RV and how it would be decorated, and she now plans all of our travel. I'm just the driver and handyman on this adventure, but we both enjoy our roles and appreciate each other's contribution.
Alan, Margaret, and Lucy (the Maltipoo who runs the show)
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2
2015 Mini Cooper 4-Door Hardtop Toad
ABrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #33
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm the wife. I grew up camping, so when we got married it was a given we would camp too. We tent camped on our honeymoon under the mackinaw bridge. Can't do that anymore. When I was pregnant with our 1st child we bought a starcraft popup with a port-a-potty. We went all over with four kids in it and loved it, wore it out. Then life got in the way and we missed camping. Kids were grown on their own and each family bought a tent and we went for yearly outings together. Now it's time to retire. We looked into different options. I don't want to spend my time growing old not enjoying every day. We looked at travel trailers and 5th wheels. I fell in love with a tt but in the end decided a class A was what we needed to live in ft. It was my idea. I kept telling him if you aren't 100% invested it won't work. He said yes. We found the one I wanted and will be taking her out for the first time for our 45th anniversary in 2 weeks. He has knee replacement surgery in the fall. 1st of the year we sell the s & b. The plan is to stick around here in Michigan for the summer and take off on our big adventure in the fall, starting out visiting our 2 out of state children in 2 different states. I can't wait.
Kathryn and Clyde + Patty Pepper
2011 Itasca Suncruiser 35p
Klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 PM   #34
My DW had a 1996 35' Cruisemaster gasser when we met in 2001. She had been wanting to downsize to a smaller Class B, but we recently purchased our "new-to-us" 39' DP and after the first 15 minutes on the highway she forgot all about downsizing.
2005 Fleetwood Excursion 39L, 350 Cat, Allison 3000, 1991 Honda Accord EX
jmcannonball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #35
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It all started when I brought home a 25' TT so we could travel across country a bit cheaper and take our time doing it. She actually enjoyed the trip and decided that she wanted something bigger and I wanted a bit more truck than a Dodge Dakota to pull it with.
Well two 5th wheels and a used MH later we ended up with a brand new 2014 Sunstar. Now I want a diesel pusher and she wants a Washer and Dryer.
And a King size bed.
Retired Navy Submariner
2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F; 5 Star tuned; 2014 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
SuperGewl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:16 PM   #36

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My son got into motocross racing. In order to not have such a long drive to the track in the morning, I decided it would be a good idea to take the family tent camping at a campground close to the track. We arrived late and I ended up putting up the tent in the dark, with the temperature in the 90s and humidity to match. There were swarms of mosquitos and I was trying to BBQ dinner for 3 hungry kids and my wife. As we finally got settled in our now mosquito filled tent, I heard the tent door unzip. It was soon followed by the van door slamming and its engine starting up. The next morning as I was making coffee, my wife appeared from the still running and air conditioned van. She poured a cup of coffee and said if I wanted to continue with this motorcycle racing, I would have something with air conditioning, a shower and a place to plug in a hair dryer by next weekends race. The rest is history. That was a toy hauler trailer and 2 motorhomes ago. My kids are now 20, 18 and 15 and are still racing and rving. We have many championships under our belt including a national championship my daughter won last month. I truly believe that the reason I have three solid kids who have never been in trouble and are all A students is due to our fourteen years of being in the rv together every weekend as a family and even living in it for 9 months one year. Between the racing and the rv's, I could have paid for Harvard educations for all of them a couple times over but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! My wife and I will begin our fulltiming lifestyle the day my youngest one graduates college.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:04 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It was my wife's idea in the first place. We had dogs at the time and she wanted them to travel with us. That was 21 years and 3 Motorhomes ago. Our first coach was named Maggie's dog house after our Red doxie.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 AM   #38
Winnebago Owners Club
My wife was a city girl who never even dreamed of camping. I grew up camping as that was our only way for vacations. So as my sons and I went tent camping each year and they said how much they loved it, my wife became more and more curious. I gave her the opportunity every year and after several years she said she would come with us to see what all the fuss was. We went local....to a campground 15 miles from home ( in case she wanted to bail) she loved it so much she wanted more...I was shocked but thrilled. Her only "complaint" was the bathrooms were not very clean or nearby. So we started discussing a small camper where we could have our own bathroom. We purchased a pop up with a toilet and shower and the problems were solved. After a few years of the pop up we started going to RV shows and discussing traveling around the country, the kids are growing up and it would be just her and I... So we decided to trade in the pop up for our first class A and she loves it....Sometimes the sway and bounce make her a little road sick, but the fact that we can pull over and "camp" for a few hours anywhere make a big difference for the travel and she is now a camping maniac.....This fulfilled a life long dream of mine (and now hers) to be out on the road exploring new places, enjoying new adventures, meeting new people......
TheBelchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 AM   #39
Winnebago Owners Club
David and Wendy
Winnebago Vista LX 35F with Jeep Wrangler

My city girl, off roading, hiking, biking, canoeing, fishing, golfing, enjoying, relaxing
TheBelchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:21 AM   #40
Nope. I'm the wife and I'm the one who introduced my husband to this wonderful thing called RVing. My dad took our family across the country in a renovated school bus when I was a kid. Those adventures stuck with me and as an adult I convinced my husband to get a pop up, then a fifth wheel. We've been RVing in a fifth wheel for 12 years now and looking at motor homes.
napria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:42 AM   #41
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by Dtwallace View Post

Jim and Jennie, Cats=Bittles and Potter, 2000 Dynasty 350 ISC
2013 Silverado 4x4 Towed with R1200GS in bed.
PROV23:4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #42
It was wife's idea.

Shell Bleiweiss
2014 1/2 Thor Challenger 37KT
Sedona, AZ
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote