Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:27 PM   #15

Era 70c

My wife and I have just over 8 thousand miles this past summer, a legitimate 20 miles to the gallon at 58 mph or less drops to 17 at 70 mph.
Love to drive this unit and camping is so convenient setting up, backing in to state campgrounds shopping running errands.
We carry 2 zero gravity chairs a patio rug a folding aluminum table a small Coleman grill 20 foot of sewer hose ( in a sealed plastic box ) all my electrical cables hoses in the storage in the back. We do however have a good mattress pad we carry in our shower rolled up and thus makes the bed quite comfortable. It takes 6 minutes for us to put up the bed roll up the mattress pad fold the blankets and put away the pillows.
All in all I would definitely recommend this unit for anyone looking for a class B just remember it is a small maneuverable camping ,traveling ,van

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #16

Hello Talaskim - I have ordered a new 2016 Era 70C. Winnebago will commence building it in January. What options would you suggest? I would like solar, but there does not appear to be enough room. I want USB plugs on either side of couch, in kitchen and in bathroom. I want a 12 volt plug in kitchen. And a 300 watt inverter is much too small - but Winnebago only offers 1000 watt add on. They will leave off in dash radio - I have the latest Pioneer GPS radio to install. Steel wheels or aluminum? I want lithium batteries but they said no. They approved a remote fantastic fan. Any other ideas?

Old 11-17-2015, 03:19 AM   #17

Well juris I think aluminum wheels would be a good choice, as I have to remove my hubcaps to accurately check air pressure not really that time consuming however.
I would opt for a thermostatically controlled fantastic fan for the cooler nights, I haven't checked that out yet.
I like your idea of using your own entertainment gps radio as the one that comes with it really doesn't have great sound, as a matter of fact when my warranty is up I will take it to a radio shop and see if they can add something for the sound have had Bose in most of my vehicles.
Solar would be nice however I stayed in Iowa for 9 days this summer using the minimum amount of batteries, pump,fantastic fan,tv,water pump,lights,and had batteries to spare.
Hope this helps a little, overall this coach works great for us.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:03 PM   #18
jww

OK Guys,
We are about to pull the trigger on a 2015 ERA 70C.
Will appreciate confirmation from the 70C owners that you feel you got good "value for your dollar" with this make and model.
Johnny
Old 12-12-2015, 05:22 PM   #19

70C

You'll love it. If it has aluminum wheels, go get replacement valve stems that make it easy to check pressures on the rear wheels. Mine cost just over $100 installed.

Check with the dealer on the recall on the propane hose. That's the only issue we've had as the new hoses are not yet available, so we are not supposed to use propane at all right now.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:02 AM   #20

We bought one in March 2015 and we love it! We put on just over 8000 miles since then- comfortable ride with all the conveniences. We chose this model for the slide, full dry bath, tons of storage and the rear "garage". Just had the propane lines taken care of this week so we will be ready to go again in the spring. Yes it is a bit inconvenient to set up the bed every night, but it is a small price to pay to get all of the items listed above. Our only improvement on this model would be that the couch could be pulled out half way so you could take a nap without having to set up the bed.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
jww

Made the 5 1/2 hour drive home with the 70C. This thing is a joy to drive.
Came through the Ozarks and it handle great in the hills and curves.
Now to spend some time with the manuals to get an understanding of the electronics, heating system.......etc....
Appears to be a very user friendly unit. Best word I can think of is "handy".
Thanks to those who replied to my post. Your assurances assisted in our tremendous downsizing.
Will change my signature soon, as "The Bus" is gone.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #22

Winnebago Era 70C Almost Owner

I see that this is an older thread, but I hope that some of you owners are still out there listening.

Just a few questions:
I have seen posts suggesting storing the sewer hose in a designated place and also in the back storage area. Which are people doing and why?
Has anyone tried to attach a macerator? Details appreciated if successful.
Are people removing the rear mounted spare to reduce length or keeping it attached?
Has anyone successfully attached the Remis driver and passenger side window blinds that match the windshield blind? How do like them.
How is the insulation and slide-out seal?
Any great tricks for making the bed and storing the bedding?

Thanks to all for any helpful replies.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:10 AM   #23
jww

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancefloor View Post
I see that this is an older thread, but I hope that some of you owners are still out there listening.

Just a few questions:
I have seen posts suggesting storing the sewer hose in a designated place and also in the back storage area. Which are people doing and why?
The factory designed sewer hose storage area required me to cut a 10' (extended length) piece of Rhino Hose. This length and the fittings fit tightly in the compartment. See Guido's excellent post on enlarging the area.
Has anyone tried to attach a macerator? Details appreciated if successful.
I carry a portable macerator, but only use it for pumping long distances.
Are people removing the rear mounted spare to reduce length or keeping it attached? Would not want to be without the spare. I did modify the bracket to raise the spare 6" to allow greater clearance for a trailer I pull.
Has anyone successfully attached the Remis driver and passenger side window blinds that match the windshield blind? No, using factory installed and they seem to work fine. How do like them.
How is the insulation and slide-out seal? Unit is not "below freezing friendly" in my opinion. Can be used, just takes some preparation. Slide out seal, and the entire slide out for that matter, has worked flawlessly so far.
Any great tricks for making the bed and storing the bedding?
It is tight quarters for sure!
Thanks to all for any helpful replies.
Happy Motoring
Johnny
Old 02-15-2017, 09:11 AM   #24

70C

On the sewer hose, I went for the cheap and easy. I bought a dry bag like campers and scuba people use (I bought the cheap version). It holds an extension for the sewer hose, a short flush hose, and one of those spray connections to rinse the hose. I keep the primary 10' in the compartment provided, everything else in the dry bag, and clip the dry bag around the support for the spare tire. The bag squeezes in between the back door and the spare tire. Doesn't look all that pretty, but it keeps the hoses out of the unit.

In the back, I built a shelf. My grill and small things fit under the shelf, my golf clubs over the shelf. Then I took off the 'mouse fur' trim around the door frame, and low and behold there are two pre-threaded holes there! A couple of metric bolts, straps, and washers and I had a way to building retaining straps so that the golf clubs didn't smack me in the face every time I opened the door.

As to the 'freezing' thing - pretty marginal. We camped last year when a freak storm came through S. Texas. The hot water heat alone wouldn't cut it. We had to run both the hot water and the heat strips in the air conditioning unit. That seemed to do it. The unit is small enough that two people and a dog seemed to provide more heat through the night.

The slide seal will start creaking when things get a little dry, but I found a CRC product that Winnebago recommends that quiets it right down.

I've only had two big issues: The exhaust gas sensors that seem to go out constantly. Mercedes has extended the warranty on them pretty much indefinitely, so at least I won't to pay for the darn things! And on Winnebago's end, the sliding bathroom door is a joke. It weighs a ton, the screws that hold the track in place are way too small, and you can't get in the slot to replace them. I finally gave up and took the door out completely and we're fabricating a curtain rod and curtain to serve the same purpose.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #25

ERA Facebook page

dancefloor,

You will likely get replies to your questions and more by posting on the Winnebago ERA Facebook page...independent group not affiliated with WGO. Good group of folks and much more active than here.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #26

Driver's Seat - slide wall interference?

Can the 70C driver's seat be pushed back far enough to comfortably accommodate a 6' driver or does the slide wall block it from going back?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:23 AM   #27
jww

I'm 6' with a 34" inseam and have no problem being comfortable.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 AM   #28

I have 2015 ERA 70X

Winnebago ERA it is the lowest quality you will find. I posted my ERA comments:

Best Brands for Class B, Sprinter based: How do you rate 'em?

Long story short, I am trading in for 2018 Galleria. Much better value and quality

Tags
winnebago, purchase