Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2017, 05:45 AM   #29
jww

Congratulations on your new purchase !
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #30

Now that we've had our 70C for about a year, and out on several trips http://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/guid...0c-287145.html

I can say, that over all, we are pretty happy with our 70C.
It rides smooth, gets great mileage (18-19MPG under 60MPH, 16-17MPG 60-70MPH), quiet, fits almost anywhere.

I'm still getting the rear storage sorted out how I like it, but I keep the electrical cord and water hose coiled up and secured with Velcro bands. Hang from hooks on the Rubbermaid rail system. Small grill fits in the nook behind the shower. Folding table, 2 chairs, small tool kit, sometimes fishing poles, too all fit in the rear with some room to spare. Might add a telescoping ladder since I don't think a permanent ladder will fit on the door with the spare tire, but I haven't really needed to get on the roof, either. We have a Fiamma CaryyBike 200DJ on the other door for our bikes.

Having the slide makes the "living room" much larger. Initially we stored our linens over the bed/couch, but have since added two folding storage cubes that serve as foot rests, store the linnes and stow out of the way at night when the bed in out. https://smile.amazon.com/Seville-Cla...ottoman++cubes

I was quite comfortable on the bed "as is" but, if your torso length does match up with the seams, or you are a side sleeper (like my wife) it's not that comfortable. We added roll up self inflating mattresses which helped, but the Princess could still feel the pea. We found that the Full sized Aero Bed fits nicely, and deflates and fits in one of the storage cubes. Happy wife, happy life

The storage for the stinky slinky is barely adequate, but you can fit ~ 10' sewer hose under the coach next to the fresh water control panel. I fabricated a larger storage area for my hose.

A few gripes: The pocket door- love it, but it's been repaired 2x already It stays open 97% of the time. It took the local dealer 4 months to replace my Alde heater. Works great now, tons of hot water. The TV/entertainment center is a joke. Most of the piddly stuff I'll fix myself rather than risk another 4 month layover at the dealer.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #31
jww

Guido,
Our opinion of and experience with our 70C mirrors yours. Luckily we have not had the pocket door issue that you and others have had, but time will tell if it occurs.
After owning bumper pulls, 5th wheels, Gas class A's, two diesel pushers and now the class B my opinion is that you can get a lemon in any form from any manufacturer. Secondly, if you own an RV the experience will be more acceptable if you are handy with the contents of a toolbox, and are willing to make owning the RV a hobby as well as enjoying the pleasures they provide. There are no perfect RV's, and the entire industry suffers from poor quality control.
One example of our experience.....our previous coach was a 43' Tiffin Bus.
Tiffin makes a good product and the ownership experience was good.
The automatic day/night shades were so cool. Control panel all lit up. Push one button for individual control, another button for all of them in unison.
Friends were impressed, and we were happy.......when they worked.
Paid lots of money for the feature, and they were just neat........when they worked.
The 70C shades have never failed, as they are manual. Although we don't "show them off" to guests, they work. Lots less money too, so a win-win for our current desires and situation.
Everyone's situation is different, but because we are happy with our ownership experience does not mean everyone else will be, nor will my frustrations apply to everyone else.
Life is a short journey. We are currently enjoying that journey in our 70C.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:15 PM   #32

JWW It pays to know your way around a tool box, or RV life could be miserable.

The Leisure Travel Van Free Spirit SS was actually the first Class B with a slide that caught our attention. The layout is almost identical to the 70C, except in the LYV the fridge is smaller and on the same side as the kitchen and the sink and stove are reversed.

I don't think LTV is making the Free Spirit SS anymore.

Tags
winnebago, purchase