Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Class A to a Class B+/C

We are considering trading our 2012 Fleetwood Bounder 35K for a Class B+ probably Winnebago View or Renegade Villagio. We consider ourselves travelers not campers. When we hook up we usually do sightseeing.(Definitely not boondockers). If anyone has downsized we would enjoy hearing your pros and cons.
Woody2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:01 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Best of luck in your search and decision. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

Actually, you are talking about going to a C, not a B. A B-class is a van conversion, which is ALOT smaller than what you are talking about doing.

Lots of folks are downsizing these days, and you have a lot of choices in the B+/C class segment, so I hope you get a lot of good comments.

One thing I'll recommend is selling your Bounder yourself and not trade it. I think you'll get a pummeling from a dealer on your trade-in, especially moving into the winter season. Ideally, you'd buy your new rig this winter when prices are low, and sell your Bounder in the spring when prices are at the max.

Good luck!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

We are in the midst of that very transition--from a 35' National Dolphin with two slides to a 20' Class B van with no slides and precious little storage by comparison. We sold the Class A and towed car and bought a clean used Class B and had enough money left over to pay the taxes and travel expenses to pick up the van. We had to adjust our attitude and expectations that we were no longer driving a second house that we lived in 5 months of the year and which held an enormous amount of stuff, to driving a well equipped vehicle that we can sleep, cook, and live in comfortably but more modestly. The trade-off is that we now have a vehicle that is easier to drive and park, uses less than half the gas, and still gives us comfortable and familiar overnight accommodations. More for touring, less for living in.
Our Lexor is comparable in space and probably more comfortable than the two small travel trailers and two truck campers we have owned.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #5

I hope this is a good idea. I just got my '95 RoadTrek yesterday and now have to sell my '03 Mountain Aire.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsinmich View Post
I hope this is a good idea. I just got my '95 RoadTrek yesterday and now have to sell my '03 Mountain Aire.
Keep 'em both. My neighbor has an Allegro Class A and just bought an older little Coach House Class B. They are doing the long trips in the Class B and the closer-to-home longer camping stays in the Class A.
We bought a park model which made our Class A superfluous.
Whatever works.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #7

We went to a 24R Jamboree from a 34' class A. Miss the space but love the mileage we are getting with the 24'. Traveling is much a easier going in and out etc.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #8

We own both , a Class A to basically Camp in and stay longer in one place plus tow our Jeep. Our Class A stays in a garage so it stay in great shape while not in use. It's paid for and not worth much on the market. But for traveling and sightseeing we bought a Pleasure Way Excel TS in 2012 and love it ! Last summer did a 10 week trip to Canada/Alaska and right now we are in our 2nd month of a 6 month trip from So Cal to Maine to Key West and home. We have seen so much more traveling in our Pleasure Way.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #9

I can't say that I own one, but something I've always liked is the Class A Sprinter-based Winnebago (The Via/Reyo twins)... compact and yet has a decent amount of space...

Steve
Old 09-24-2014, 07:20 PM   #10

Evaporator blockage (dash air) 07 fleetwood expiration.
OliverJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #11

we had a 38 ft Holiday Rambler DP Bought a 22 ft R vision Trail Lite for camping in the mountainsl. Finally got rid of the Holiday and now exclusively use the Trail Lite.No regrets. Althoughnow we have a trailer stored in a RV park in Florida which we use in the winter. Which is not camping lol. Love the TL. Going out this weekend into the Adirondacks for our final campout this year.
Reno NY

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #12

We have a 33ft Class A and a 19 ft Class B
We use the B for traveling and short stays, use the A for trips where we will be staying several nights. Nice to not bother with the toad on short trips or times we won't spending much time in the Motorhome.
jeffslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #13

My folks just this past June ( fathers day) traded in their 1985 Automate Royale 33' ( 34K) Class A for a brand new all decked out 2014 Roadtrek.

At first they missed the space, but now at 75 and 80, they can continue the lifestyle that encouraged this baby boomer to live.

The road trek is one solid unit and really makes everything much easier for my father to manage.

They no longer pay storage for a Class A and they use the Road Trek for daily short trips to Moss Landing ( San Benito/Monterey County) and longer camping trips.

Being their eldest child, it was nice to see them continue the happy trails; even if it is at a slower pace!
Boomer-1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #14

Well we bought a Renegade Villagio and the week of the 10th of November we will be taking it on our maiden voyage to Biltmore estates and Charlotte. After cleaning the Class A which we still have as of now (trying to sell) there was so much we had in it that we really didn't use. Hopefully the smaller size will not be a problem but one thing for sure driving the Villagio home it was a lot easier and less stressful to drive. We will post the outcome when we return home.
Woody2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a