RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #1

Coach House Forum

I've been looking and maybe it doesn't exist, but is there a separate Coach House forum on irv2? Can't seem to find many owners sharing comments.

Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:55 PM   #2

Not on iRV2 but on Internet. Coachhouseownersclub .com There are several owners that monitor this site, so just post any questions and you will get an answer from a CH owner

coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
Not on iRV2 but on Internet. Coachhouseownersclub .com There are several owners that monitor this site, so just post any questions and you will get an answer from a CH owner
I looked at the FB site, but I canít figure out how to join since it says itís for emended only. Can you assist? Thanks so much.
Jake62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #4

[moderator edit] Home - Coach House Owners' Club is a public site and is primarily info only with links to the mfg and their parts store etc. To become a member of the private site you must be a member of FMCA and an current or former owner of a CH. The rallies are open to quests. I would be glad to discuss my expierence with CH (I have owned 2) if you PM me a contact.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #5

Iím always willing to help. Coach House owner here for over 15 years.
PappyWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #6

Advise please

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappyWood View Post
Iím always willing to help. Coach House owner here for over 15 years.
I am going to look at a 2006 coach house 261 XL SD in the morning. The owners says the coach Ac has a 20 minute delay before coming on. I have never heard of this before. I feel something is about to go out for good? Any thoughts on the Ac delay?
Also says gets 9.1 mpg going 65. Does That sounds about right?
davideoftex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 PM   #7

The only delay for the AC (other than a minor one when switching sources at the thermostat) is when first starting the generator and that is to ensure the generator is producing full power before loading it up. 9.1 is about the right range but there are lots of variables like weight, wind, altitude, and even the quality/additives of the fuel.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:31 AM   #8

Hi Folks,

Thank you for offering to answer some questions re:CH. I am very familiar with Rving, as I had a truck camper for years. However...I am new to vans, and specifically CH.

My husband and I are looking at a 2004 232XL w/1 slide out. My questions...

1. I am not a real fan of slides - I have seen some failures. Do you know what mfr the slide out mechanism uses, or does CH have their own slide out mechanism? Any frequency of mechanism failure or water leaks?

2. Does the bathroom have an actual door, or just a curtain to draw across?

3. Is the 2004 CH pre-wired for solar?

4. Can the stove top be changed out for a stove/oven combo (or is there something int he cabinet, such as the water heater, preventing this)?

5. Are the interior lights LED?

Thank you for any help. We are really interested. It looks like a great product.
Leemom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Coach House Forum

I own a 2005 CH 231xl SD. In answering your questions: 1. You can use the slide or not on this model. It slides out about 12" or so and I have never heard of any problems with the mechanisms in our CH forums. 2. CH manufacturer uses high quality shower doors. No curtains anywhere but rather uses folding doors! 3. Solar is an option, not standard equipment, and not pre wired for solar. 4. Probably not changed out BUT you can order a new CH with anything you want in it! Including a stove oven combination! (Update: The microwave is also a convection oven! (Forgot to mention it). 5. There won't be any factory install LED's on a 2004 model but the exchange from florescent to LED light assemblies is easy for anyone.
You just about have to inherit a CH.... So, if you find one, it will be a rare find! IN over 5 years traveling back and forth from east coast to west coast about twice a year, Wife and I have only seen ONE other coach house on the road and it was parked for the night where we were staying. Mostly, CH owners keep their units forever! I know I am!

mlo166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum