Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 12:29 AM   #1

Extending Propane Fill valve?

The propane fill on my ERA 170M is just a bit too low. Some places (Flying J) use a giant pistol-shaped fill nozzle that is too long to connect properly (it hits the ground).

I'd like to install an angled elbow, or maybe keep a short flexible extension hose in the rig to fix the problem.

Any suggestions? I'm kind of a propane ignoramus, sadly.

I'm thinking this might work, but it's a little longer than I need.

https://www.marshallexcelsior.com/14...ndwheel-24-oal
bigfatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 03:41 AM   #2

The adaptor you reference is POL.
You need to look for ACME fill valve extension or elbow.

I found one 90 degree adaptor but that may be to much of a bend.

Stop at a propane dealer and see if they can help. You may need a few parts screwed together and the new remote fill valve mounted to a bracket.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane