Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAU MAU View Post
My Roadtrek has nothing but the square Robinson screws, and while I initially did not like them, I have found them to work much better that any other type.

It came with three Robinson screwdrivers, and when I misplaced one last week, my local hardware store had them all so I bought another set.

I think the major advantage of an RV being assembled by screws instead of staples is that if things start to rattle a little you can always tighten the screws. A little difficult to tighten staples.

Looking forward to seeing your solar setup.................Rob
The only staples I'll use is to attach fabric to the wall panels! And the solar is still so far away....

Van.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #16

Decisions now have to be made about a side door cabinet. Features like stove top, exterior folding shelf, interior & exterior access have to be incorporated.

Give me your ideas!

Follow my progress on cargovanconversion.com

Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #17

Multi-Use Cabinet Drawings

The Cad drawings for my multi purpose cabinet have been drawn up. As all the components and details have been defined, the real work can start.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #18

Now the drawings are finished, we will start the cabinet by making the decorative strips.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #19

In this phase of the project, I'll build the plywood core of the cabinet and share the compartment hidden in the sub base. The use of dadoes is most prominent.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #20

The cabinet is fitted in the van and back in the workshop, the base core is glued up. The cherry frame is finally attached to the front of the cabinet.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #21

I now turn to the back panel of the cabinet. In its up-position, it covers and protects the drawers section, while in the down-position it functions as a side table when sitting outside the van, with the side doors of the cargo van conversion open.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #22

Why don't you live near me so you can make me a cabinet? Nice work!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Really nice work
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #24

Nice thing about Robertson screws ( square head ) is that you can put the screw on the driver and it will stay there even when the screw driver is pointed down! That is a real convenience when using the screw driver in a confined space.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
It looks really good. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #26

The back panel is finished, the hardware is ordered; in the meantime my attention shifts to the drawer construction. Rails are installed and drawer panels put together.

Look here for for details and more pics.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #27

A lot of time is spent on this multi purpose cabinet in pursuit of a high standard of finish. When it is ready and installed in the next two weeks, I will continue with the cargo van conversion. There's the solar prep and walls & floors to be finished.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #28

Previously I messed up one of the drawer bottoms of the cabinet that Iím making for my (cargo) van conversion. First redo that, then do the top surface with access to the cooktop.