Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #43

Cargo Van Conversion | 110V Power Inlet

The van is internally a 12V system fed by solar panels, with some 110V outlets powered by an inverter. Only the battery charger needs access to an exterior power source. For this, a 15A power inlet is installed next to the rear door, on the passenger side of the van.

Follow my progress at cargovanconversion.com
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #44

The last time I worked on the bed, the pull-out, sliding shelf was installed. Now I’ll continue with a door for the toilet compartment. In deliberating the hinge options, I came across a simple wooden hinge design, that looked appropriate for this application.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #45

Recently a fan was installed to cool the solar components, like controller, battery charger, etc. As it is not necessary to run the fan continuously, a switch can regulate its use.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #46

Cargo Van Conversion | Bed, Wall & Window

Before continuing with the other side of the van interior, it’s time to put the wall and window above the bed, back together again.
Two issues remain: the battery cables and the solar controller cable need to be installed. The other is the decision I have to make, whether to go ahead with batting as insulation or choose a foam product.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #47

Between the window and the side doors is a narrow strip of wall available to house a small console. It is the future location of the battery monitor and a reading light.

Follow the building process picture by picture at cargovanconversion.com
Old 11-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #48

Yea it look awsome, it's a good conversion - realy impresive. I wonder is it posible to do that with an minibus. I am thinking of buying one and the turing it to some hind of camper hybrid - comfortable on the road and outside of it. I found some minibus for sale on Mascus.com, and can You give me some advice- which minibus is the most suitable for conversion
Braki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:30 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braki View Post
Yea it look awsome, it's a good conversion - realy impresive. I wonder is it posible to do that with an minibus. I am thinking of buying one and the turing it to some hind of camper hybrid - comfortable on the road and outside of it. I found some minibus for sale on Mascus.com, and can You give me some advice- which minibus is the most suitable for conversion
Just go for it. Any type is suitable, but generally the bigger the vehicle, the more comfort. Too many tastes and too many uses for sensible advice.

Van.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #50

Magazine Rack (1)
Utilizing every available space is a priority; the area to the right of the rear side window is large enough to accommodate a magazine rack and is conveniently close to the bed. This will allow for some late night reading.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #51

Magazine Rack (2)

Before continuing with the assembly, the three front pieces that are made out of Tiger Maple, need some ‘popping’, that is, enhancing the visibility of the curl in the wood.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #52

Magazine Rack (3)

All the parts are now ready for assembly.