Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdavew View Post
We are very happy with our Unity 24MB a great layout and performance is outstanding. I am 6'4" and a solid 250. Although it is tight I don't feel claustrophobic. We just spend a couple of days in the rain at Bryce and it was fine. Is it a bit of a hassle to go from bed to seating yes but the trade off is comfort for both seating and sleeping.
Do you have the theater seats or the U-lounge?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #16

If your alone or with the two of you, new models will pop up based on the new Ford Transit and the Ram ProMaster vans. Small but they offer a lot more room than the previous Econoline and B250.
Great to do a self-conversion too.

Van.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #17

OK, why is the Leisure Van superior to the Winnebago View or the Thor Motor Coach Siesta Sprinter? Some of these have two slide outs and look great.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #18

I am not sure that they are. However, I did test drive a Forest River Solera, an Itasca Navion and the LTV Unity over the same route. This route covered interstate and a climb up and down a 6,000' peak with a 6% grade with a fair amount of wind. The results were that FRS was a little unstable at speed in cross winds. The headroom in the Navion was a little tight. And the Unity seemed to be the most stable on the road. And the fit and finish was the most appealing to me. I do believe the more streamline nature of the LTV does make a difference. You do give up considerable space over the cab but if you plan on driving in high winds I think the stability is worth the sacrifice. End of the day it comes down to personnel preference.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #19

You won't go wrong with the Leisure Travel or the View/Navion Winnie/Itasca models.
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought a 2006 Winnebago View in the summer of 2005. Loved it and the little 5-cylinder diesel did very well. We towed a Scion xA for a couple of years, then a Mini Cooper (both 4-down). Superb performance from the Mercedes diesel, can't really see that maintenance costs were much more than a gasser at this end of the diesel spectrum. We logged about 70k miles on that great little motorhome.

In 2012 we traded for Winnebago Itasca Navion iQ, this one with the V6 Mercedes diesel. Love the increased power, love the permanent bed (slide out the back). We now tow a Ford Escape 4-down. The living quarters are a bit smaller than our previous view (23H), but overall we like the floorplan of our 24G.

The chassis stability of the V6 chassis is better than the I5 chassis, too. It's a pleasure to drive. Very pleased with the Winnebago quality (obviously - bought another!). We enjoy about 14-15 mpg while towing the Escape, that's at about 62-63 mph on average. A headwind cuts that to as little as 12 mpg . . . . just can't fool Mother Nature
Old 11-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
We bought a 2006 Winnebago View in the summer of 2005. Loved it and the little 5-cylinder diesel did very well. We towed a Scion xA for a couple of years, then a Mini Cooper (both 4-down). Superb performance from the Mercedes diesel, can't really see that maintenance costs were much more than a gasser at this end of the diesel spectrum. We logged about 70k miles on that great little motorhome.

In 2012 we traded for Winnebago Itasca Navion iQ, this one with the V6 Mercedes diesel. Love the increased power, love the permanent bed (slide out the back). We now tow a Ford Escape 4-down. The living quarters are a bit smaller than our previous view (23H), but overall we like the floorplan of our 24G.

The chassis stability of the V6 chassis is better than the I5 chassis, too. It's a pleasure to drive. Very pleased with the Winnebago quality (obviously - bought another!). We enjoy about 14-15 mpg while towing the Escape, that's at about 62-63 mph on average. A headwind cuts that to as little as 12 mpg . . . . just can't fool Mother Nature
How's the mattress on the 24G? Is it a foam mattress?
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgustaf249 View Post
How's the mattress on the 24G? Is it a foam mattress?
The mattress on a 24G has two pieces because of the slide out arrangement and it is foam. Pretty good foam, sleeps okay with no extra foam or padding, but we have added a 2.5" gel foam and it is even better. We just cut the gel foam in to two pieces to match the mattress. Works great.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #23

the cars you towed

Quote:

With respect to the vehicles you towed, were they manual transmission or automatics modified to allow you to tow with four down?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgustaf249 View Post
With respect to the vehicles you towed, were they manual transmission or automatics modified to allow you to tow with four down?
Scion xA ... manual
Mini Cooper ... manual
Ford Escape ... automatic
Old 03-23-2014, 10:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Scion xA ... manual
Mini Cooper ... manual
Ford Escape ... automatic
What modification did you make to the Escape to allow 4down towing?
Old 04-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #26

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just saw this post. We have a Forest River Lexington 283GTS. The opposing slides in the living area really open up the m/h and the bedroom slide gives you a walk around bed. Just the two of us and we are pleased with it.
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #27

I am also looking around seriously for a used B or probably B+ I see a lot of BT cruiser, and trail lites. Anyone have any comments on these about quality etc.
I have a constant fear of roof leakage as it was always an issue with our prior class c. But sounds like others leak thru the ac or vent. Any recommendations?
Thanks waiting for good advise and ready to buy at reasonable cost if any of you out their know of one. Happy trails.