Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #1

Full-time bed

We're early in our education process about RVs and still a long way from making a purchase. So far we like the idea of a B+ with a full-time queen bed. We like the idea of one of us being able to lie down on the bed while the other drives. So the B+s without a slide in the bedroom (a slide elsewhere is OK) is the direction we're leaning. So far I've found the Unity 24IB, the Coach House Platinum II 240 DQ, the Coach House Platinum II 241XL DQ and the Coach House Platinum II 241XL SQ. Are there any others?
Pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #2

Coach House

I just wanted to express my total pleasure with my Coach House. Great attention to detail, an honest to goodness bath and shower. So far my favorite smaller coach. I like it much better than my Winnebago Era but do miss the 19 MPG vs 9 MPG now. This is a great coach and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Best wishes in your search.
Van
van3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #3

I don't know about a B+ but in many RVs the bed is still usable with the slides in. Check that out before discounting a unit with slides.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Winnebago Aspect 26' or 30'. We have the 30' with three slides but I believe the 26' has two.
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
to pgustaf249: Wifie & I have a 2005 CH 231xl sd and yes, the sofa-2-bed will do fine without using the slideout while one is drivin. Also, u can use the dinette table area as a single bed while cruisin. But, this being our third RV, we've only done this once. You must check each state jurisdiction to determine when the use of the passenger's seating restraint systems are not mandatory. In Georgia, every passenger is required to be restrained while the vehicle is being driven on public highways, or the driver will get the ticket if its passenger is found not restrained. Sorry about this... just couldn't help myself... but I enjoy long trips away from my law office!
mlo166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi. We have a Lexington 283GTS which has 3 slides. The bed is still easily accessible with the bedroom slide in, you just can't walk around it then. We love it. Easy to drive and when the opposing slides are open in the front area it gives you lots of room.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote