Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Getaway photo with inverter and pump

I stated previously that I don't have a manual for this rig so I posted the photos of the inverter and pump hoping someone can please explain how to use them since I am on my own now. Your help is greatly appreciated.
If I have posted the photos wrong I apologize.
Montaz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Class B 001a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	39745  
montaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Pdk

Hi Montaz- i just joined in the last hour but have a great deal of RV experience. I don't see any pics except your class B RV, looks nice.

Inverters- They are used to convert 12 volt battery power to 110 volt house shore power to run low wattage appliances. The inverter is rated by wattage so you know what will work on it. I have 3 in my unit that I installed. I use the very small one to run my TV and Direct TV tuner.

Pump- You must be referring to the water pump for domestic sink and toilet. I didn't think Van class B units had a pump. I recall my first 1973 Chevy Van camper class B had a pump faucet at the sink. Clarify your needs further. If it does have a pump switch it's to pressurize your rig's water for the sink and toilet. never allow the pump to run without water in the fresh water tank.

I hope this helps?

Phil
Pdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:12 PM   #3

Inverter

Hi Phil. Thanks so much for sharing your info. The inverter pictures are found on the Photo link on the main page. This inverter is called ProSeries 1500. So does it operate off the batteries (there are 2 6 volts) and/or ac?
This class b has a little furnace, microwave, and all electric fridge. And yes that is a water pump. I hope you can find those photos okay.
Montaz
Old 05-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #4

More on inverter

I just looked at the pictures I posted of the inverter and waterpump and the inverter is called Pro watt 1500 not Pro series as I stated in error. It evidentally is made by StarPower. The water pump has Getaway written on it, the manufacturer of the rv in Canada. I am still looking for a manual for it.
Montaz
Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Pdk

Hi Montaz- So I haven't looked up the brand of your inverter but I suppose it is a 1500 watt unit per the model#. It converts your two 6 volt batteries to 110 volts AC voltage. That is a rather large inverter so you should be cautious not to use it too long with higher wattage appliances or your batteries will run down too far. Check their combined dc voltage which at full charge should be around 13.5 volts DC. Become accustomed to knowing how much wattage each appliance you use in your coach. We use the coffee pot or microwave for less then 10 minutes each time. Whenever you are on shore power (plugged into 110v/ac) the batteries will re-charge again. I hope this info. helps. We can discuss the water pump use in the next round. Take Care, Phil
Pdk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter