Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #15

RV Show

I started this thread, and I have now found out how much Roadtreks cost, as we just put a deposit down on a used CS Adventurous. Nonetheless, we are going to the Pomona show on Wednesday also. I hope I'm able to stave off buyer's remorse when I see the fancy new models! Hopefully someone can someday explain CCC to me. The "literature" can't seem to agree on what is included. Of course, the manufacturer who puts the number on the plate should know what they meant. If only I can get them to tell me.....reliably.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2016, 07:40 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
Alpha99,

Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get 40K but I guess we will have to see how the rest of the deal goes.

Will be heading to the Pomona show on Wednesday to compare B Class units to see what works best for us.

Steve

I think you could get $40,000 or even $42,000 in a private sale. You always lose a lot in a trade in as opposed to a private sale.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWannabe1 View Post
Hopefully someone can someday explain CCC to me. The "literature" can't seem to agree on what is included. Of course, the manufacturer who puts the number on the plate should know what they meant. If only I can get them to tell me.....reliably.
Short answer is the difference between GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating on the door tag) and empty vehicle weight * (empty weight, plus fuel, water, passengers) is the Cargo Carrying Capacity.

Take your unloaded RV across the scales to see for yourself how much your RV weighs.

If your GVWR is 15,000 lbs and your RV [fuel, water & passengers] weigh 12,500, that leaves 2,500 lbs available.

Weight your RV fully loaded will all your gear and see how much you weigh. As long as it's under the GVWR, you are good to go.

Long answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.fulltime-rving.com/Cargo_Carrying_Capacity.html
Calculate the (CCC) for your RV:

The Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC) of an RV is the GVWR less the empty weight, the weight of the full water tank, the weight of the full propane tanks and the sleeping capacity.

Take the vehicle's gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR on Manufacturers Specifications)

Subtract the vehicles unloaded weight (UVW) or empty weight (on Manufacturers Specifications)

Subtract the weight of fresh water on board (8.3 pounds per gallon)

Subtract the propane weight (4.2 pounds per gallon)

Subtract the weight of the seating capacity weight rating (SCWR) (150 pounds times the number of seating positions)
Now you have arrived at the maximum Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC) for your RV. Again, for safety reasons never exceed the maximum CCC for your RV.
Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating (GCVWR) is the max your RV + towed load (toad, trailer, boat, etc) can weigh. Not to exceed the weight capacity of the hitch.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:20 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Well made it down to the Pomona Show. Wow a lot of RV's of all kinds. Seems like more than the passed years.

Went to the RoadTrek booth (Thompson RV). They had a CS Adventurous XL 4 X 4 it was fully loaded. More things on it than I wanted but it was the only XL that they had.

The wife wanted it so we tried to buy it will not luck. The MSRP was $185,500
they went down to $159,000. They only offered $20,000 for my 2007 RoadTrek 190 Popular. They did not even care to look at the 190, just offered the 20 K. Tried to see if they would go more than the 20 K but they said no.

So we walked. We now are on the search for a unit that we can get a better deal on.

Saw a lot of lookers but not many people sitting at tables buying.

Steve
Old 10-14-2016, 03:46 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Got a call today from the RoadTrek Rep. that is at the show.

The MSRP $185,500 was reduced by Thompson RV for the show price to $169,988. That's the price on the vehicle now. I was working with the rep at the show and I asked him what could he do with the $169,988 price. Then he came back with the $158K number.

Today I asked the rep. where did the $158 number come from. He told me that RoadTrek put in $11,000 to reduce the price to $158K.

He said Thompson would up the trade in price to $25K for our 190 Popular. I told him that if Thompson would lower their price from the $169,988 a little I would buy it. He said that is not going to happen.

Guess we will have to see if we can find another CS Adventurous XL out there.

Sometimes you just have to walk away even if you really like it.

Steve
Old 10-25-2016, 04:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWannabe1 View Post
My wife and I are retired and looking to get a Class B just for the two of us. I am trying to get over the shock of asking prices of $100k+ for a Roadtrek 190 Popular and $120k+ for an RS Adventurous on the MB 3500 chassis. These are of course way below sticker, since they say they are "sale" prices. Is that what people are actually paying for Roadtrek Class B's? I don't mind paying a fair price, but I certainly don't want to pay more than I should. Any thoughts from someone who has bought a new or recent year used Roadtrek in the past couple of years would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.

We are picking up our RT Agile 2017 in early Nov. we priced everywhere in the country. Only 1 dealer had on their lot what my wife wanted. So I thought we would order. Cash deal. Could not get better than 18.5% off an order. We ended up at 20% off, out the door, on the one a guy in NJ had on their lot. Got a lot of 15-17% offers.

I thought I would do better on an order with cash. No work on the dealers part but I was wrong.

Never heard anyone greater than 20%.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Uh .. Or take 25% off MSRP. ...
Can you folks clarify: is 25% off the MSRP the starting point for negotiations or end price? In another thread I saw 30% off MSRP as the starting offer. And do you think that is true for Class A and B MHs? TIA.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebuano54 View Post
Can you folks clarify: is 25% off the MSRP the starting point for negotiations or end price? In another thread I saw 30% off MSRP as the starting offer. And do you think that is true for Class A and B MHs? TIA.

Depends on the brand. Winnebago discounts more than other brands like RT.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:04 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I got 16% of MSRP on my 2017 RoadTrek CS Adventurous XL 4 x 4

I think dealers discount less on the RoadTreks. You need to walk away if the price is not right. But if they have the vehicle that you want sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Steve
Old 10-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
I got 16% of MSRP on my 2017 RoadTrek CS Adventurous XL 4 x 4

I think dealers discount less on the RoadTreks. You need to walk away if the price is not right. But if they have the vehicle that you want sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Steve

Correct. This was my experience as well. We did get 19.94% on a highly equipped model which makes a difference too. As I said I have not heard of anyone getting over 20% one RT. Winnebago's a bit more. A's and C's more as well
Old 10-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #25

Has anyone tried NIRVC for a Roadtrek.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerwin View Post
Has anyone tried NIRVC for a Roadtrek.

I was offered 15.5% off a cash order for an Agile 400 Lithium/300 Solar/ Diesel Alde/Induction.