Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #1

How much do RoadTreks cost!?!

My wife and I are retired and looking to get a Class B just for the two of us. I am trying to get over the shock of asking prices of $100k+ for a Roadtrek 190 Popular and $120k+ for an RS Adventurous on the MB 3500 chassis. These are of course way below sticker, since they say they are "sale" prices. Is that what people are actually paying for Roadtrek Class B's? I don't mind paying a fair price, but I certainly don't want to pay more than I should. Any thoughts from someone who has bought a new or recent year used Roadtrek in the past couple of years would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.
RVWannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2016, 11:08 PM   #2

They and other similar rigs aren't cheap. I'd suggest buying an older rig. Buying new is very expensive, these rigs depreciate like a rock. Most say floor plan is most important. Good luck 😜

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 PM   #3

They cost ridiculously too much for a VAN RV

190 Popular

RS Adventurous
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:55 AM   #4

Based on my experience shopping for and buying a new Winnebago ERA, take the sticker price and multiply by 0.75 to get a starting price for negotiating. Mine stickered at $128 and got it for $95.
mrfuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #5

We are looking at Class B and B+ because our use would be mostly travel and not camping so much. Prices are high on all of them especially Airstream. I will say the Airstream quality is obvious compared to the others. You can get a much larger unit for about the same price but a lot of people today do not have the need for such a large unit.
When you consider what a luxury car like a Mercedes, Audi, BMW upper end would cost and consider what you get the price of the nice Class B does not seem quite so bad.
Today I looked at the Airstream - Winnebago ERA 170 & the Winnebago View. Ruled out a few that ride on a Dodge frame with a gas V6 and the Ford. There are a few other brands that I want to look at like Leisure Travel - Road Treck & Coach House.
jrcorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWannabe1 View Post
My wife and I are retired and looking to get a Class B just for the two of us. I am trying to get over the shock of asking prices of $100k+ for a Roadtrek 190 Popular and $120k+ for an RS Adventurous on the MB 3500 chassis. These are of course way below sticker, since they say they are "sale" prices. Is that what people are actually paying for Roadtrek Class B's? I don't mind paying a fair price, but I certainly don't want to pay more than I should. Any thoughts from someone who has bought a new or recent year used Roadtrek in the past couple of years would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.
We also looked at RoadTreks RS Adventurous but they were priced considerably higher than the Winnebago Era. The salesman pushed the longer/better Roadtrek warranty, but not worth the extra premium IMHO..

These are quotes I got from a dealer in Seguin, TX (Not the dealer I bought from)

Click image for larger version

Name:	rs.png
Views:	509
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	138310

Name:	70c.png
Views:	454
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	138311

Name:	70a.png
Views:	458
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	138312

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfuni View Post
Based on my experience shopping for and buying a new Winnebago ERA, take the sticker price and multiply by 0.75 to get a starting price for negotiating. Mine stickered at $128 and got it for $95.
I think that a goes rule of thumb for any RV not just Winnebago.

Mine was MSRP $124,400 and got mine for $86,500. It pays to shop around.

http://www.reliablerv.com/search.php...icked=&hidden=

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcorvette View Post
Today I looked at the Airstream - Winnebago ERA 170 & the Winnebago View. Ruled out a few that ride on a Dodge frame with a gas V6 and the Ford. There are a few other brands that I want to look at like Leisure Travel - Road Treck & Coach House.
Watched some video tours of Coach House RVs, looked very nice...until I got a price quote A wee bit out of our budget.

http://www.coachhouserv.com/index.php

Used 2014 CoachHouse Arriva V24TB:
Quote:
I have enclosed a new brochure and other information about our products and company. The used Arriva that you are interested in is $ 129,900.00, please call me if you need more information
Dan Hardy at La Mesa RV in Port St Lucie FL was very helpful, I spoke with him several times, although I ultimately missed out on getting the RV I was interested in from him. http://www.lamesarv.com/Class-B-motorhomes-for-sale
Old 09-23-2016, 02:07 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfuni View Post

Uh .. Or take 25% off MSRP. ...
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:23 AM   #8

Which is exactly what multiplying by 0.75 will get you. 25% off.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:34 AM   #9

Short answer is too much!

Check out Pleasure Way and Leisure Travel.

We bought a 1-2 yr old PW Lexor and love it. It is gas so $30,000+ less to start with.

G
G Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:07 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoLyons View Post
Which is exactly what multiplying by 0.75 will get you. 25% off.

Taking 25% off is easier and quicker. Doh.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #11

I have a 2007 Roadtrek 190 that we have been very happy with. Looking to trade up to an ERA or Roadtrek. We are looking for the 4 wheel drive option on either the ERA or RT. The main reason for the trade/move up.
I guess it will have a lot to do with the floorplan the wife likes. We are going to the Pomona RV show this coming week to find which one will work.

Will be interesting to see what they will give us for our 2007 RT on a trade in. We bought it new and has been a great vehicle for travel.

It seem that the ERA has a better pricing on their units. They both use the same chassis. Will be interesting to see what the RT has over the ERA.

Steve
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:03 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good To Go View Post
I have a 2007 Roadtrek 190 that we have been very happy with. Looking to trade up to an ERA or Roadtrek. We are looking for the 4 wheel drive option on either the ERA or RT. The main reason for the trade/move up.

I guess it will have a lot to do with the floorplan the wife likes. We are going to the Pomona RV show this coming week to find which one will work.

Will be interesting to see what they will give us for our 2007 RT on a trade in. We bought it new and has been a great vehicle for travel.

It seem that the ERA has a better pricing on their units. They both use the same chassis. Will be interesting to see what the RT has over the ERA.

Steve

Looking at NADA values, I would think they will give you about $32,500 on trade in. Search NADA.com. Remember, wholesale will be about 15 to 20% below low retail.

Cheers!
Old 10-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #13

Alpha99,
Thanks for the input. I was hoping to get 40K but I guess we will have to see how the rest of the deal goes.

Will be heading to the Pomona show on Wednesday to compare B Class units to see what works best for us.

Steve
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #14

I was also thinking about a Leisure Travel Van till I found out the CCC is terrible. Also Pleasure Way was pretty bad too. Im not sure about all the Models. But the last I checked a PW Plateau its CCC was around 1330. Im 240 and With Full Water for boondocking it only leaves around 700lbs. Add another person and now your looking at about 500 lbs for everything you want to take with you. Not very good.
Teako is offline   Reply With Quote