Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

How to get enough room in Sprinter Class B ?

Richie, a novice to Class B RVing recently asked me in a message if I thought there was enough storage room in a Sprinter class B.

My Answer:
First we had stuff in the aisle, which got moved back and forth every night to the driver and passenger seats. That got old real quick. So, we took stock of stuff we didn't use and left it with relatives: extra pans and dishes - we use paper plates and bowls - cuts down on washing - which makes fresh water last longer and you get going faster in the AM.

We reduced out of season clothes, made them layers for cooler weather, and cut down on others that we didn't need past a week - we wash every week on the road. I still keep mine in a Treager pack and move every night from back to driver's seat.

We buy food on a semi weekly basis if it doesn't have to go in the fridge. Our Fridge/freezer holds a weeks worth. An exception to this is paper plates, paper towels and Mountain Money (TP). The last two items we built a storage area for by putting in cup hooks and hanging a hammock type device made out of a net in the top void area behind the back bin that is available upon opening the back doors to the rig.

The stuff in the bathroom that doesn't fit in the medicine cabinet always gets put into the sink before we cruise. I also put an extra shelf on top in the way of using 'museum glue' - a clear reusable gel that acts like glue but will come off objects easily when pulled at a 90% angle - and attaching a narrow plastic basket. I also hung a basket where the shower head was installed, after moving it to overhead.

We have also used velcro tape to hang things or batten down the curtains (those snaps they installed at the factory don't work worth squat!).

Binder clips for holdig 30 plus pages of paper together work great to hold stuff to other areas. suction cup thingies can be used to hod wet wash cloths. We purchased two of those huge (36X72) microfiber towels which while they don't work QUITE like a towel are very effect for a Bath towels ( you have to pat, not rub).

I only carry two pair of shoes, the little lady, well that's a different story.

In the overhead bins we have spring loaded bars placed at the front of those bins that have objects which have a tendency to shift around. Don't let shift happen to you. (I say that was a, that was a joke, son.... a gag.)

To answer your question directly, Richie, I find we have enough room without having to suffer too much on what we want with us.
Rubix cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We camped next to a family that had a Sprinter Class C and they towed a trailer that served as their "basement". I was a small trailer, but had the bikes and all the extra stuff they wanted. They used the Sprinter to run around on errands it needed.

Just another way to do it.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubix cube
Richie, a novice to Class B RVing recently asked me in a message if I thought there was enough storage room in a Sprinter class B.

My Answer:
First we had stuff in the aisle, which got moved back and forth every night to the driver and passenger seats. That got old real quick. So, we took stock of stuff we didn't use and left it with relatives: extra pans and dishes - we use paper plates and bowls - cuts down on washing - which makes fresh water last longer and you get going faster in the AM.

We reduced out of season clothes, made them layers for cooler weather, and cut down on others that we didn't need past a week - we wash every week on the road. I still keep mine in a Treager pack and move every night from back to driver's seat.

We buy food on a semi weekly basis if it doesn't have to go in the fridge. Our Fridge/freezer holds a weeks worth. An exception to this is paper plates, paper towels and Mountain Money (TP). The last two items we built a storage area for by putting in cup hooks and hanging a hammock type device made out of a net in the top void area behind the back bin that is available upon opening the back doors to the rig.

The stuff in the bathroom that doesn't fit in the medicine cabinet always gets put into the sink before we cruise. I also put an extra shelf on top in the way of using 'museum glue' - a clear reusable gel that acts like glue but will come off objects easily when pulled at a 90% angle - and attaching a narrow plastic basket. I also hung a basket where the shower head was installed, after moving it to overhead.

We have also used velcro tape to hang things or batten down the curtains (those snaps they installed at the factory don't work worth squat!).

Binder clips for holdig 30 plus pages of paper together work great to hold stuff to other areas. suction cup thingies can be used to hod wet wash cloths. We purchased two of those huge (36X72) microfiber towels which while they don't work QUITE like a towel are very effect for a Bath towels ( you have to pat, not rub).

I only carry two pair of shoes, the little lady, well that's a different story.

In the overhead bins we have spring loaded bars placed at the front of those bins that have objects which have a tendency to shift around. Don't let shift happen to you. (I say that was a, that was a joke, son.... a gag.)

To answer your question directly, Richie, I find we have enough room without having to suffer too much on what we want with us.

Thank you
That is very helpfully some of those idea I had not though of.
I am still trying to post some pic from my IPad to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

Test for a pic

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-283263585.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	20924
Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #5

Have one more hope this help the sprinter owners.

Name:	image-3718921589.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	367.6 KB
ID:	20944
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #6

basement

I don't have a Sprinter RV yet but am looking into it. I have thought a receiver mounted trunk might be a really good addition for extra storage. There are enclosed boxes and open racks in several styles available. It would only work if you didn't have a toad though.
mizterwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard
I don't have a Sprinter RV yet but am looking into it. I have thought a receiver mounted trunk might be a really good addition for extra storage. There are enclosed boxes and open racks in several styles available. It would only work if you didn't have a toad though.
Here are more pick for storage this work well.

Name:	image-1105108682.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	27719
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3595301530.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	324.0 KB
ID:	27720  
Old 10-15-2012, 03:09 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Years ago I had an Airstream 190 B Van. I found backpacking equipment to be more than useful. Small lanterns - even a couple small cook stoves that let me fey fish etc outside - those hanging stuff hammocks - rain gear in small stuff sacks - nesting lightweight cook pans - small flashlights - lots of little things - REI or Campmor online or local outfitter can hook you up. Down sleeping bags stuff small - and if you use them nightly they can remain stuffed. Best to store them unstuffed at home though. Just an idea - as in backpacking - light loads and small footprints in smaller RV's is a very good thing.

I love having 38 feet and lots of CCC - but I would not trade my 10 years of experiencing America in a 19' B van for anything. It made a lot of things possible that aren't now - like taking a fire road through the Grand Tetons into Idaho. Admittedly - we took the long way back.

Happy trails.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizterwizard

Do you have a model and year in mind this is a great place to find the pro and con
Sprinters owner here would be glad to help you in your choice
I had the same fear on the storage but was able to solve the problem
Good luck on your shopping
Ron