RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
How to know where that RV is for you?

Are you shopping or waiting for an RV?

Let's say you know how to search the internet and you know a few key words and things to look for. But in all of your searching, you are pulled into a website after website of that RV your shopping for, ONLY TO FIND NOT ON THE LOT TODAY.

So what do you do next when you find that one RV out of 100's of RV's.

Now in all fairness the RV Dealers they are trying to sale that RV your looking for even if its not on there lot and maybe in hopes of getting to to call or drop by to buy one they do have. After all you are in the market for an RV. A WIN WIN if they get you to buy from them and that is called making a sell. Nothing wrong all good and fair play.

So my question is simple. HOW DO YOU FIND THAT ONE RV YOU ARE LOOKING FOR and don't care to view or walk lots for others?

I would also like to do this RV shopping before the end of OCT 2019. But has it been built and setting on the (A) lot somewhere.

NO I do not want to order. I just want to see the RV and maybe buy. So what would you DO?

"A ship is Guided by its rudder, the smallest part of the ship. Guide your life's direction by what and how you speak. Guard your tong, before you run a ground, by your bad choice of words." By DogMan
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2019, 06:20 PM   #2

If you know what year/make/model you want, you search dealer websites until you find it on a lot somewhere. Make some phone calls to confirm. Go see it.

If you're still shopping, make a list of nearby RV dealers that have large lots and lots of varied inventory, and drive over to them and see what tickles your fancy.

It's not magic, It's not rocket science, nor brain surgery.
I'm pretty sure that finding the one you want, can't be done from your kitchen table or rec room sofa. You have to get out there and do some looking.
You need to take action.
You won't find it on here, that's for sure.

Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #3

Assuming you're looking for a pre-owned rig, I suggest checking Craig's List at least once a day, including surrounding areas. That's how I've found and sold my RVs.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:06 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
If you know what year/make/model you want, you search dealer websites until you find it on a lot somewhere. Make some phone calls to confirm. Go see it.

If you're still shopping, make a list of nearby RV dealers that have large lots and lots of varied inventory, and drive over to them and see what tickles your fancy.

It's not magic, It's not rocket science, nor brain surgery.
I'm pretty sure that finding the one you want, can't be done from your kitchen table or rec room sofa. You have to get out there and do some looking.
You need to take action.
You won't find it here, that's for sure.

Thanks for the FEEDBACK: However as for SEARCHING RV DEALER via websites, as I stated above THEY ALL HAVE THEM, BUT NOT TODAY? meaning it's on order and may arrive sometime in the future. UNLIKE A CAR DEALER Who has 500 Models of the car you want and need. Class B RV's. I have been informed do not turnover and bring in as much money as a CLASS A in profit.

Not only have I made a list(S) of Dealers I have them on my phone. I have been shopping for 2-years. Living near a few RV Dealerships in my area with whom I have done some business with in the past. But most larger dealers in the RV industry. They just don't carry many Class Bs in inventory.

YOUR RIGHT is should not be ROCKET Science or Brain Surgery. SO why are so many manufacturers seemingly so quiet about the production line roll-outs and problems that slow down model delivery? if it is being slowed down for some reason. Let folks with orders know?

For example, I would like to see the ERA Class B Model 70M with Pure 3, but they do not put Pure 3 into the Model ERA 70M from my last call to Winnebago and the other models have issues I do not care for myself.

As for contacting a Dealer I have, but it has now been about 4-months with no feedback.

Now as for checking online and find that one special RV of interest say for "138.000 NEW" only to arrive at a dealers lot see the that RV in question and have the salesman tell me its 175.000 but he may be able to talk with the owner to maybe knock off a few thousand. Returning with the new price of 150.000 and I inform him you got me interested, but too high for me and I start to walk away. He tells me to wait he will talk to him again. Okay, do your best I tell him. He returns telling me he has pulled some teeth but got him to drop another 10.000 off the PRICE. I inform him I was hoping for something as nice as this RV for more like 138.000 maybe as low as 120.000 But I can not go any higher. He tells me it will cost him on his commission but he will eat 2000 of the price himself.

Really I inform him as I pull out the COMPUTER printout showing the price of 138,000 and I walk away.

I am not buying anything from any salesperson or dealership who employees this kind of underhanded, cross-talking salesmen or women, or dealership I can not trust, with our first handshake.

But thanks for your feedback as it appeared from your reply you did not read or understand all that I stated above. But thanks for your reply and help.
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
Thanks for the FEEDBACK: However as for SEARCHING RV DEALER via websites, as I stated above THEY ALL HAVE THEM, BUT NOT TODAY? meaning it's on order and may arrive sometime in the future. UNLIKE A CAR DEALER Who has 500 Models of the car you want and need. Class B RV's. I have been informed do not turnover and bring in as much money as a CLASS A in profit.

Not only have I made a list(S) of Dealers I have them on my phone. I have been shopping for 2-years. Living near a few RV Dealerships in my area with whom i have done some business with in the past. But most larger dealers in the RV industry. They just don't carry many Class Bs in inventory.

YOUR RIGHT is should not be ROCKET Science or Brain Surgery. SO why are so many manufacturers seemingly so quiet about the production line roll-outs and problems that slow down model delivery? if it is being slowed down for some reason. Let folks with orders know?

For example, I would like to see the ERA Class B Model 70M with Pure 3, but they do not put Pure 3 into the Model ERA 70M from my last call to Winnebago and the other models have issues I do not care for myself.

I did contact another RV Dealer, completed an order form without any follow-up in the way of CALLS as to what's happening, moving, and what's changed in a month or two or even three. Salespeople should, I think to stay engaged with a customer. I am also not one to order and be locked in on a price as we all know how that goes over time and demand.

If I wanted a Winnebago, I would call a local dealer in Forest City and fly out pick up and drive back. That to me is a major problem with RV sales. But it works and I am happy putting on the first few thousand miles myself knowing there my miles.

MY point to all of these large dealerships should carry more class B inventory. I don't care to buy from a local dealer who may have that one and only CLASS B in the State also driving that one and only RV CLASS B to every RV SHOW within the state. with an added 1000-Miles and 10,000 people possible walk through a buyer's checking it out and then I pay-top dollar, I don't think so.

Now as for checking online and find that one special RV of interest say for "138.000 NEW" only to arrive at a dealers lot see the that RV in question and have the salesman tell me its 175.000 but he may be able to talk with the owner to maybe knock off a few thousand. Returning with the new price of 150.000 and I inform him you got me interested, but too high for me and I start to walk away. He tells me to wait he will talk to him again. Okay, do your best I tell him. He returns telling me he has pulled some teeth but got him to drop another 10.000 off the PRICE. I inform him I was hoping for something as nice as this RV for more like 138.000 maybe as low as 120.000 But I can not go any higher. He tells me it will cost him on his commission but he will eat 2000 of the price himself.

Really I inform him as I pull on the COMPUTER paper printout showing the fixed price of 138,000 and I walk away.

I am not buying anything from any salesperson or dealership who employees this kind of underhanded, cross-talking salesmen or women, or dealership I can not trust, with our first handshake.

So let's say I have been around the block with salesmen and women. I'm interested and the model I'm waiting for is NOT on lots at this time.

But thanks for your feedback as it appeared from your reply you did not read or understand all that I stated above. But thanks for your reply and help.
So much anger, grasshopper? I admit I didn't really understand your rambling, often incoherent, complaint riddled, original post. It sounded like a frustration rant because you're trapped between settling for something that's only close to what you see as a perfect motorhome, that you can afford, and not being ready at this time, or able, to part with the cash that your perfect one apparently demands. I should have just deleted the notification email and moved on, but I thought I'd try to help.

In my experience, it appears that many RV dealers don't stock/carry lots of B vans because they are expensive to have sitting on their lots. It's easier for them to order you one, to your liking, so that way they have at least the down payment or other promissory note, and will not get stuck with an expensive asset they may not be able to move easily, because of the way it's optioned or the paint color or who knows what. I also suspect that the mark up on B vans is less than towables and class C and A motorhomes, so they aren't as profitable, even though it appears demand for many make/model class B vans is still quite high. Used well cared for ones retain their value as well as, or better than, any other class of motorhome.

I was trying to help you focus on sucking it up, and getting out there, and actually looking for something tangible in the real world, because the one you buy isn't always the one you expected to really like or love, but you seem to think your perfect RV doesn't exist, unless you shell out a huge whack of cash, and that an internet forum rant will somehow make things better.
I now see I was wasting my time, with your help, on all counts. I guess I should have known better (next time?) and not bothered replying, like almost everyone else.
However, I bear you no ill will or hard feelings, and I wish you good luck with your search.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote