RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-12-2019, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman635UT View Post
Yep, what I keep thinking about is I'm sure the coachmen team has been hard at work and looking back over the last five years with changes it shows. So I look at this time as time to give them time to refocus and make more improvements. That makes the waiting worth it but I'm hopeful not to much longer. It's also a good feeling knowing someone likes the MB Van so much they would order 20.000 of them. To me it just keeps getting better. Kind of like someone once said "Hey there is Gold in California" and the gold rush was on. Now folks all over are seeing and reading the news about MB Van's. Not vw, not chev. Not dodge as I know of in this high demand. YouTube is full of pos stuff on the mb Van. So we shell wait a while longer.

Have you received any recent info on production of the Galleria?

David

dmb496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Now that's is funny as two things about me that drive others crazy about me. I have been given or gifted with a lot of patients. Which may have come from training animals at a very young age. I trust that they will do what they can as fast as they can and when all is right we will have our new VAN. It's already paid off if you think about it. We've gone from 2019 to 2020 with an automatic door.
At my stage of life, I am always cognizant of the fragility of human life. When my time is up, every box will be checked!

kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #17

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb496 View Post
Have you received any recent info on production of the Galleria?

David
Today is Dec 13, 2019, and NOTHING? I can not even find a true 2020-model MB Sprinter online. True a lot call them 2020, but closer examinations show they are on a 2018 or 2019 chasse. So to answer your QUESTION NO! Also, I'm not in the informational loop. What do you know?
Dogman635UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 06:48 AM   #18

Quote:
Today is Dec 13, 2019, and NOTHING? I can not even find a true 2020-model MB Sprinter online. True a lot call them 2020, but closer examinations show they are on a 2018 or 2019 chasse. So to answer your QUESTION NO! Also, I'm not in the informational loop. What do you know?

I called the Coachmen factory and spoke with several Coachmen representatives last week, specifically within the Galleria group. Production of the Galleria has finally resumed. New M-B chassis began arriving in December, and a substantial number of them.

We opted not to wait for the electric side door chassis which will likely arrive in Feb. If the door is opened electrically, it has to run its full cycle, it can't be stopped for a partial opening. Seems like a potential loss of cooled or heated air while waiting for it to open 100% and/or close.

We were given a built date for our 24A.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #19

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I called the Coachmen factory and spoke with several Coachmen representatives last week, specifically within the Galleria group. Production of the Galleria has finally resumed. New M-B chassis began arriving in December, and a substantial number of them.

We opted not to wait for the electric side door chassis which will likely arrive in Feb. If the door is opened electrically, it has to run its full cycle, it can't be stopped for a partial opening. Seems like a potential loss of cooled or heated air while waiting for it to open 100% and/or close.

We were given a built date for our 24A.
Some wonderful feedback, so I'm thinking if they start work new models in Feb we should see our RV in March. Truly, that is some good news for us. Sorry, I'm not a cold-weather guy, thanks in part to my U.S. Military Service, haha. I have always thought them guys in personnel, as a JOKE by sending us from the North to the equator and US from the South to the North like Alaska Korea. lol

Thanks, good news for sure for us. As for the DOOR, I see more reasons, for having than not. Please keep us posted if you get a call and a photo would be nice to post. As for this WAITING, LINE looks like your in front of us. Let me know what is the first thing you buy for your new RV? Thanks for your feedback.

On another note, I'm not sure if you're into Step rails, Tow Hitches, Brush Guards, and or bumpers. I found a few links to them, online if interested?. (I'll post) As for your Build, a date? I once read or a video they build three per day.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #20

As for your Build, a date? I once read or a video they build three per day.

If you already have an order in place, the Galleria folks will provide your build date. They're very accommodating.

David
Old 12-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #21

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

If you already have an order in place, the Galleria folks will provide your build date. They're very accommodating.

David
Thanks, David that is helpful. Thinking here, for us and Coachmen it would be best to wait. Maybe just wait until after the holidays. Sometimes in January, I'll give them a call. NO rush here and I don't want them to feel rushed or add any more pressures. I'm sure they are getting a lot of calls after the AMAZON order overloads to all up filters. Thanks again David, I would still like to know when you get your Galleria. Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:53 PM   #22

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:

David
Called on Jan 9, 2020:
YES, Everything coming together as we should be seeing ours in late February 2020. I was informed they order all 24A-Model parts first, inspecting model components and then call Mercedez-Benz SC, requesting the ordered vehicle as to what the dealer has requested for us.

Once everything arrives as you stated above they began to put all the parts together. So the Galleria with Li3 should be then shipped to the Dealer for our pick-up on or about the last week of February, so I'm thinking by March we should have the Class B.

Two-years of looking and researching Vehicles engine size 3500 & Models. Then came out wants and needs. Next floorplans, Placement of components. Size refrigerator, Microwave watts, easy to use and other selections. Once were called will go over the checklist of goodies and make sure before booking a flight.

I plan on video typing the walkthrough for any followups we may have as we learn more. I did download the Operators Manual from the Coachmen Website.

What about yourself, do you have a date as yet?
Old 01-13-2020, 08:05 AM   #23

What about yourself, do you have a date as yet?[/QUOTE]

We were told our Galleria will go into production the 3rd week of January.

David
Old 01-13-2020, 03:45 PM   #24

This link is to a M-B site so you can download the M-B 2019 Sprinter manual. Lots of info, almost 400 pages of good bedtime reading, LOL.

https://assets.mbvans.com/Mercedes-B...erators-Manual
Old 01-13-2020, 07:28 PM   #25

Coachman Galleria - Very nice coach

We looked at one of these... back in 2017....

I think it was a 2016 model .... they wanted $100,000 plus tax....

I probably should have purchased one; I was more impressed with this than my wife.....

Enjoy... I don't think you will be disappointed.

MWeiner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class b, ordering, waiting line