Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #1

Inquiry on B+ R-vision trail lite

Hi
I am looking to purchase a used model 2003 or 2005 model 251
I wonder if anybody has some experience and/or comments concerning this unit as far as reliability and fuel .
The motor would be a GM Vortec 8 cyl.
What would be a fair price and what should I be carefull about.

Thanks for your help

Michel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #2

Our first RV was a '04 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+ but I don't remember the model number. We were the 2nd owners and kept it a year. It had not been used for several years other than being driven around the block a few times each year but we had no problems with it at all. Everything worked and nothing leaked!

I can't remember the gas mileage but I don't think it was impressive. We sold it because it was too small for both of us and our 2 boxers, especially in bad weather.

As far as pricing, you might check PPL and some of the other online RV sale sites as well as NADA to get an idea. NADA isn't the most reliable source though.

traveling in a 2011 Ventana 3433!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Our first RV was a '04 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+ but I don't remember the model number. We were the 2nd owners and kept it a year. It had not been used for several years other than being driven around the block a few times each year but we had no problems with it at all. Everything worked and nothing leaked!

I can't remember the gas mileage but I don't think it was impressive. We sold it because it was too small for both of us and our 2 boxers, especially in bad weather.

As far as pricing, you might check PPL and some of the other online RV sale sites as well as NADA to get an idea. NADA isn't the most reliable source though.
This is a few months old post so not sure if u got your Trail-Lite, but we owned the 250 B+ 2003 model 24 ft and just traded it beginning this year. We absolutely LOVED IT. We never wore shoes inside, kept sofa chairs covered and bc of how clean it was, our dealer gave us $18K for the trade which was over NADA price. He sold it in low 20's. We had 49K miles on it. He sold it within a month of our trading it so they are in high demand. I really wish they still made them would have gotten another in a heartbeat. The gas mileage was good for a V10 Ford engine one of the reasons being that it was light and the shape, etc. we averaged around 12-13 mpg loaded up. Regular C's with the overhead bunk with the same engine size were getting 9-10. It also had a lot of power, was quick which my husband loved lol.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:39 PM   #4

We own a 2003 Trail Lite by R-Vision, model 1290 BT+ equipped with the Triton V-10
on the FORD Super Duty chassis. We are the second owners on this RV and we are very pleased with it. The engine has plenty of power for the size of the motor home, even when we tow our Jeep Wrangler. The mileage averages between 10 and 12 miles per gallon, and the mileage does not seem to be affected much even when we tow the Jeep. All of the appliances have worked perfect, and the sleeping arrangements are
just perfect for my wife and I. The mileage on the engine is just a little over 45,000
miles, which on this big V-10 engine it is not really too many miles. Long story short
we are pleased with our Trail-Lite motor home as it has served us very well.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

We bought a 2003 24 foot, want to say it is a 213 but not sure about that, about a month ago. Chevrolet with a 6.0 Motor. Mileage is probably 10-12 mpg, but have only gone about 600 miles with it. Really like the unit. Found a few hopefully minor things to fix, soft spot in the floor which I think was caused by the ac, and the generator needs tuned up. Like the room in the unit, but will be able to tell more next spring and summer.