Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #29
That TB has interesting possibilities. It's the only interesting layout I have seen on a Sprinter chassis. I'd be inclined to pull the passenger seat and put in an office if running solo.

The only drawback I see is price. One can buy a lot of gas for the ~$40,000 difference in cost between that and an equivalent gasser.

nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2015, 09:31 AM   #30
Living in a class B will force you to be minimilist.

oneroamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:22 PM   #31
We just returned from 14 days in a Winnie 70C on the Sprinter chassis - two of us and 50lbs of dog. We did better than we expected and better than the dog. I wasn't going to downsize to a B until Winnie came up with the 70C with the slide-out. That puts the living/sleeping room at the front instead of the back, adds storage, and provides a full bath with separate shower. I was surprised at how easy it was to live in. I was thinking that if I was single (no intentions, BTW), I could probably do OK with just the Sprinter and a motorcycle on a trailer. But I'd travel to where I could be outside as much as possible or at least have the 'screen door' open. Here's the only two negatives I found:
1) You have to be willing to button up the unit to go to the store or to a movie or restaurant. Not a biggie, but it takes more planning. That's why I'd have a trailer and motorcycle - just to run out without having to pack up the van.
2) With two of us, if one wanted to go to bed and the other wanted to stay up it was a hassle. But we worked through it and if single the problem goes away.

1) Easy to drive and put on longer distances. Parks anywhere, fuel up anywhere. Great advantage.
2) A surprising amount of storage - clothes, food, grill, outdoor chairs & table, two sets of golf clubs, hoses, wires, etc.

So if I was single, yes, I could do it. But with the motorcycle caveat and the point that you like to live simple.
Niel & Carol Powers
Winnie Era 70C
TexasSprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #32

I think might have gone with the Unity TB but back in March there was a 3-6 month wait. In the end I went with the PleasureWay Plateau XL and while both units would work well for me for full timing, I think I like the convenience of the queen size murphy bed in PW Plateau. A twin would be too small after rambling around in a queen all these years.

One month from today I get out there full time. I cannot wait!

Weazelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #33
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by oneroamer View Post
My class C drank fuel like crazy, so disagree on the milage issue.
In 1988 we bought a 1988 Okanagan 17' Type B. Had the 460 Ford and 3 speed auto as I remember and the trailer towing package (4.11 gears). Even after adding a Gear Vendors OD it never got much over 9 mpg but it sure could get to 60 quickly! Used it as my daily driver for a couple years too
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:27 AM   #34
Ford Super Duty Owner
We (my wife and I) spent 3 half years in a Winnebego LeSharo. We enjoyed our time and traveled to areas where we could spend time outside. This concept is like the sailboat of motor homes, both in space and fuel economy. We found that people in smaller units tend to spend more time outside and socialize more. We moved up to a 32' class A and like it as well. The next move, though, will be to a rebuilt Winnebego Rialta. That will be our travel van in our later travel years.
Peterd503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #35
Ford Super Duty Owner
I think it has a lot to do with mindset. In 1992 my wife and I were at Manatee Springs State Park. Next site over was a couple from New York. They were full timing in a starcraft popup. they spent summers in the north and winters in the south. Our dealership sold a class B pleasure way to a couple in their eighties. They had been living in a class B for ten years and were trading up. Both couples had been doing this for a long time and seemed happy with their lifestyle. As others on this post said, they both spent most of their time outdoors.

1998 Pace Arrow 35 ft. F53 Ford V10 2012 Honda Civic toad
15 year motorhome service manager. 3 popups....2 travel trailers....5 motorhomes....loved them all.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

full time